DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Hi newtian. The act was selfless, and appreciated.... but i fear it may have been somewhat in vain. The advantage of these disks isnt necessarily the musical compilation, its the recoding quality. When i downloaded the albums, i discovered that they were all converted to mp3. Unless these disks were read with paranoia or a similar program, and saved as wave files, they are not what they are supposed to be, or sound like. To be a reference cd, it really needs to be the original, or like i said, read with a software program that detects, and re-reads annomilies, and saved in a lossless format. Also, half the fun is the jacket, as it shows the location of the players on the stage, so you can see if you are projecting an accurate soundstage. Like i said, thanks for the effort, and this is in no-way meant to be rude, as i feel we have mutual respect for eachothers efforts in car audio.
Hans

· Registered
276 Posts
I dont have an mp3 head..... but i am thinking of installing a harware lossless player in my install. I can tell the difference, but then again, the drivers in my home system were over $1200, and like most of the people on this board, will have ribbons in my car, so the highend is important. I do understand what you mean though. I cant justify spending money on the cd until i have heard it, so you have done a great service in letting people here the style of music available on these discs. As far as the illusions go, i have seen the future nd12, and i didnt like it.... so it looks like i will be keeping all my drivers. I am suprised that you aren't nagging me over the pair of nd-15 i have. Do you still run illusions?
Hans

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.