DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very nice Autotek 5 channel amp for sale.

RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 4x55 + 1x220
RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 4x110 + 1x300
Evolution OF Power,upper tier, high-power car audio amplifier
Cool Pro-Fi MOSFETs
Bass Thrust EQ
Pro-Design Crossover
Pro-Design Hi-Pass
Pro-Design Low-Pass
Pro-Design Band-pass Feature (This allows you to use channels 1 and 2 as a midbass/midrange for a 2 way active setup for front stage)
Channel separation

The amp is absolutely gorgeous from an aesthetic/design perspective, has very simple yet very modern bold clean lines, has a solid, sleek, High Tech look to it. There are some amps that just look like cheaply made junk. This is definitely not one of them.

More importantly, it packs a punch, is very clean sounding, built like a tank so it has quite a bit of weight to it, does not have a large footprint and is very flexible with all it's built in features.

I would also guess it a bit underrated as it is very powerful. The sub section is very potent, has the ability to move a Mmats Pro Audio P3.0 in a sealed enclosure with serious authority. (which is what I was powering with it)

The amp is a 9 out of 10 appearance wise, there are very slight scuff marks on the surface that wouldn't ordinarily show up on an amp with a colored finish. This has a brushed aluminum heatsink which shows any little blemish. No deep scratches, dings or gouges, just light surface scuffs, anyone with stainless appliances would know what I am referring to..

Still, once the amp is mounted and you are standing at viewing distance, you will not see any imperfections, from 3 feet back, the amp looks perfect. It has been well cared for, functions 100%. BTW, I will switch the 30 amp fuse for the correct 60 amp.

Although it has been discontinued, it retailed for well over $500.00 when it was in production, it still retails for $379.00 plus shipping (I actually found a retailer online that is selling them for that price)

My asking price is $170.00 plus shipping.

I have no Rep as a seller here, but I have 100% postive feedback on Ebay with a feedback score of over 170, all car audio, mostly high end amps.

Ebay user ID is Eggstersampandstuff

I also have a positive rep as a seller on Car Audio.com under the same user name as here lust4sound. (may be upper case L, I can't remember at the moment)

Please check out my other ads for goodies on the cheap, I'm sure I have something for everyone.. Thanks for looking!!

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Pretty amp. There's a lot of people setting up basic systems that would probably do well w/ this amp. I'll make sure to link them up to this one. Nice.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
30 & 60 amp fuse....odd.....

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
30 & 60 amp fuse....odd.....
I had scavenged one of the 60 amp fuses from this amp. I have the another 60 amp that I will be putting back in there..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty amp. There's a lot of people setting up basic systems that would probably do well w/ this amp. I'll make sure to link them up to this one. Nice.
Thanks brother. The amp is a solid piece and anyone interested will do well with this, especially in this price range.

What sold me on it was the output power (this amp is plenty loud) clarity, and especially the potency of the sub section. I think this amp may be underrated? Sure acts like it is..

Plus the bandpass feature in channels 3 and 4. You can set the XO mode to full range, highpass or bandpass, there are adjustable crossovers for both low pass and high pass effectively allowing you to set a truly dedicated midbass driver.

Then you could actually use channels 1 and 2 with a 2 way comp set with passive XO and have a 3 way front stage.. Granted, you would need seriously sensitive drivers to make use of the available power for a 3 way front stage.. But it can be done..

I think the SPX-137's plus a good set of midbass drivers would be a perfect front stage for this amp..

·
Registered
531 Posts
bump for a mean price on a mean machine.
:p

this is a heck of a price.
I am tempted to jump on it myself.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump for a mean price on a mean machine.
:p

this is a heck of a price.
I am tempted to jump on it myself.
Thanks brudda..

I'm surprised that no offers have come in. I'll give it another day or two and it's off to Epay..

Get on board or get left behind!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the holdup fellas? There are a few in here that I believe would vouch for me..

I just sold an amp to a happy fella in here that feels that the amp was in better condition than expected. He got a great deal on that..

Also, I dealt with a member who wanted a refund after figuring out that the deal wouldn't work for him. I gladly refunded his money. (granted, nothing was shipped which made it easier)

You fellas know who you are, where are you? Help a fella out!!

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'm working on a system build-up with a friend of the family, he'll be taking a look at this thread later tonight. I think its the right amp, but he's the shot-caller on his own system, I'm just the planner and builder.

Hopefully I'll have some good news for you.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
nice amp....I had a hard time selling my 6 channel JL amp and it had about same power but just a little cheaper...

so....I dont think its the amp ....its the economy and Obama isnt helping us poor folks

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Goramn da ecomony.. Fowsin us mowal fowks into stealitization!!

Anyone watch "Squidbillies" on Adult Swim? What a friggin rip roar that one is!! That and Aqua teen hunger force.. I'm an old dude yet they slay me..

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Lust can you point me to a link (or know what they are) regarding the lxwxh specs on this thing? I have to do some measurements.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lunchtime bump!! C'mon fellas, she's a beauty.. Great deal on a great 5 channel.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Wow, this would be PERFECT, for my GF's set-up... cash is a problem right now though... :(....

Any chance I could interest you in a pair of Directed Studio 10's or maybe even some IDQ10's (don't know if I can part with the IDQ's, just a consideration..lol..) and some money?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an update..

Quite a few of you expressed interest in the amp, took the time to PM me. Rather than PM everyone with this news, I figured I'd update here.

I have 1 member sounds about to pull the trigger, but he's in Canada.. If someone can spare me the hassle of having to ship through customs please step up!!

LOL, just kidding.. This amp is about to sell, lunchtime bump nonetheless.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SOLD!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts