DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I cant really call this a ...
Thanks for the review. This is just what I was looking for.
Laser could you tell me if you've had a chance to listen to the competing Sinfoni Tempo series?

Locally the Sinfoni Allegro(tweeter) and Grave(midwoofer) models are available to me at a premium over a single Mosconi Zero 4 but I'm still not sure if the Mosconi is offering similar levels of SQ at a lower price or not. There is also a question of Mosconis relibility as I've been told they are not as robust/long lasting as Sinfoni but that could just be the dealer trying to push his sale.

Thanks!

·
Registered
643 Posts
IMO, and I have had several of the Mosconi amps, both AS and Zero lines and have never had an issue. I do treat my gear with respect also (headroom). I feel they are very robust and if I wasn't such a impulse buyer, they probably would be long lasting also. :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the review. This is just what I was looking for.
Laser could you tell me if you've had a chance to listen to the competing Sinfoni Tempo series?

Locally the Sinfoni Allegro(tweeter) and Grave(midwoofer) models are available to me at a premium over a single Mosconi Zero 4 but I'm still not sure if the Mosconi is offering similar levels of SQ at a lower price or not. There is also a question of Mosconis relibility as I've been told they are not as robust/long lasting as Sinfoni but that could just be the dealer trying to push his sale.

Thanks!
I have not played with the Sinfoni amps yet but will next week. As for reliability, try and find a thread about a dead Zero series amp. I could not find one single complaint about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not played with the Sinfoni amps yet but will next week. As for reliability, try and find a thread about a dead Zero series amp. I could not find one single complaint about them.
Thanks.
Which Sinfoni amps are you checking out? and will you be posting a review thread like this on them as well? I hope so! : )

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks.
Which Sinfoni amps are you checking out? and will you be posting a review thread like this on them as well? I hope so! : )
Ya know, I am not exactly sure which one was sent. LOL Its not one of the big boys but its a Sinfoni so it will be good anyway. :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Too bad your not closer. But you've got me seriously thinking about changing up my amps for my new build..
I would in a heartbeat with your speakers. I would put money on the fact if you just yanked those PDX amps and replaced them with Zeros that you would be blown away by how much you were missing and by how much louder the system can get.

All around just a wonderful line of amplifiers.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I used a Skiezer. :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ha ha, I see. I need to get me one of those fancy looking sigs as it completes my pledging into this fraternity :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would in a heartbeat with your speakers. I would put money on the fact if you just yanked those PDX amps and replaced them with Zeros that you would be blown away by how much you were missing and by how much louder the system can get.

All around just a wonderful line of amplifiers.
I'm very, very tempted to try them. It seems like everybody that runs Mosconi amps love them but I like the fact that I have 3000+ watts in a foot print that basically amounts to third of a cu ft. and the power efficiency of class d is nice. I'm also reminded of the fact these 2nd gen PDX amps haven't done too badly on the SQ scene, like for example when Gary Summers won nationals a few years back in his Mercedes using all PDX amplification.
I think when I get to the point in my new build where I've taken my current gear as far as I can with install and tuning and I get the itch to switch things up I'll def be looking at changing the amps. I'll also be in a much better position then to gauge the sq difference if I make a change after I'm fully accustomed to how my system sounds as apposed to doing it now when I'll be installing everything into a totally new car, ie environment.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I don't think I could give an honest answer on that. I wasn't expecting much of a change at all when switching from the JL Slash amps to the Zeros and I was way off. The change from JL to Mosconi was as large as the change using MB Quart Formulas to the JLs.

As for the AS to Zero, I see just as many winning cars using the AS as I do the Zeros. There have been a couple members here state that going from AS to Zero they could tell a difference. In my amp thread in the general section is where that discussion is buried. Just have to read through all the other stuff. LOL

As to the PDX comment I am in no way against the PDX and think they are excellent small footprint amps. Clean and powerful. I am not always on point with the correct wording but to me they just don't seem to display anything special. They have no character. Like an IRS accountant. They do a job and they do it just how it should be done but you don't want to have a beer with them if that make any sense.
The Mosconi just helps to allow you to ignore the componentry and to become immersed in the music. To me thats the hallmark of something special.

·
Registered
490 Posts
As for the AS to Zero, I see just as many winning cars using the AS as I do the Zeros. There have been a couple members here state that going from AS to Zero they could tell a difference. In my amp thread in the general section is where that discussion is buried. Just have to read through all the other stuff. LOL

Great info, thanks mate :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Laser any idea on when you'll be getting your hands on the Sinfonis?
Sorry for sounding impatient but really looking forward to your comparison between the two. I hope It'll be the Tempo series : P

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Laser any idea on when you'll be getting your hands on the Sinfonis?
Sorry for sounding impatient but really looking forward to your comparison between the two. I hope It'll be the Tempo series : P
Its here. Its a single Amplitude 60.1 HD. Due to the trucks configuration I wont really be able to test it in there. Instead it will be used in the Mark VIII that is running passive and its current amp is close to the same power.
I will be converting some of my songs to MONO and then just L/R adjust so I can do an A/B comparison against the JL 300/4 running Focal KX3s.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its here. Its a single Amplitude 60.1 HD. Due to the trucks configuration I wont really be able to test it in there. Instead it will be used in the Mark VIII that is running passive and its current amp is close to the same power.
I will be converting some of my songs to MONO and then just L/R adjust so I can do an A/B comparison against the JL 300/4 running Focal KX3s.

Ah the Amplitude, I believe these are the predecessor to the Tempo line.
Hope after your adjustments we'll be able to still get a clear idea of the Sinfoni.

Looking forward to what you have to say about them ^_^.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Ah the Amplitude, I believe these are the predecessor to the Tempo line.
Hope after your adjustments we'll be able to still get a clear idea of the Sinfoni.

Looking forward to what you have to say about them ^_^.
More like the predecessor to the Prima line ;)

The 60.1HD has been since replaced by the Prestigio Class A

Kelvin

·
Registered
78 Posts
More like the predecessor to the Prima line ;)

The 60.1HD has been since replaced by the Prestigio Class A

Kelvin
Oooh that's for clearing that up.
If it's a top tier amplifier that is the La Prima then I'm really looking forward to this now! : D

21 - 40 of 46 Posts