DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Tomorrow it gets wired up and tuned then time to see if I can blow up some Focals. :D

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
More like the predecessor to the Prima line ;)

The 60.1HD has been since replaced by the Prestigio Class A

Kelvin
Yeah at 3k each they are pretty freakin high end. 60 watts..... thats $50 a watt! I was staring at the little brute earlier and realized just how hard it will be to mount! Just has these tiny screw holes on bottom. At least the car it is going in wont be driven anywhere for a few days so the amp will just sit on the seat and play the passenger front speakers.
Car is not active and has ZERO DSP on it so it will just be as original signal as possible which I prefer when testing an amp. No outside interference to "make" it sound better.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Kidding about the Focals. My brother would kill me or at least beat on me with a hammer until I replaced them. He LOVES his KX3s and they are his first quality speaker hes ever owned. Before them his best was a pair of Infinity Kappa 6x8 Components.

If my truck was passive or if I had two amps I would test them in it but doing it in his car does force me to listen to the amp vs tuning as all he has is a Pioneer Z140.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just a slight upgrade from the infinities ha ha.
Can we get pics of the hammer bruises?? Just kidding. Looking forward to the review, not that focals are in my near future though

41 - 46 of 46 Posts