DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time once again for my completely useless and meaningless reviews. :)

This really is not a review yet just a show off of something newish that has blown my perception of a speaker out the window. I will be throughly testing these with some Scan Speak Revelator R2904s and Sinfonis own T25 Masteoso (Pronounced My-sto-so) tweeter. After talking with fellow testers and distributors of these speakers..... speakers is wrong, musical instruments, I decided to give them a go.

I will get much more in depth in a week or so but right off the bat they are stunning. Beautiful construction, excellent terminals and a gorgeous glass fiber/ carbon fiber cone. They have quite a bit of heft and the steel ring around the face is a nice touch to help from distorting the basket on installation.

I can tell you my friend is very upset at spending so much on his 3-way Focal K2 Power setup that I had installed only an hour earlier. He hoped in my truck, listened to the speakers and then swore at me and gave me the finger while shouting "Not one day! Not one day am I allowed to have the better sounding system!" LMAO!

Here are some pics. :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots LOL.

The Grandioso are:
2-way set with crossovers: $6,600
CF25T Tweeters: $2,200
CF165W Woofers: $2,950

The Maestoso are:
2-way set with crossovers: $1,980
T25T: $580
T165W: $950

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did get to A/B them yesterday with couple other mids. Not very scientific but I have a mono hi-def copy of Robert Plants "In The Mood" and ran the Sinfoni on the right and the TM65 on the left. All I had to do was mute one side and switch back and forth. I then swapped the SI for a Focal K2 Power and did it again. I then tried a Dayton Classic and my single Esotar that has an ugly cone. Cone got a scratch in it so I got it for free. Does not seem to change its sound signature as I have heard a couple Esotars in the last month.

If you took the bass and inpact from the Esotar and mixed it with the midrange of a Hertz ML1600 (first gen) to 2000 hz and then added in a nice 4" mid to extend to 5000hz and gave the cone the good looks of the Illusions then you are kinda close to this speakers sound.

I have them playing to 3.15k with a 6db slope and they are just fantastic. I currently have the high pass at 80hz with a 18db slope but will drop it to 63hz after they break in. They have the bass authority that the TM65 has down low but with better control.

I will continue to tweak them and then run some of my test music and report back how they handle certain instruments. Hope Steve can help me out with that CD that has some interesting stuff on it to really experiment. So far though the metal guitar in Rushs "Shoot High, Aim Low" is very impressive as is the guitar in the right channel on Elton Johns "Leavon". Time and Money from Pink Floyd bring me back to the days when I had my Infinity IRS Beta Vs.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Bold statements being made. Wish I had the coin to swap.

Glad my ears are ignorant and content with what I'm running. I think sinfoni could ruin me!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
What!! close to $7K for car speakers?!!! I hope you donate!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nice write up Bill. Great comparisons and analogy of the combined efforts of many to create the Sinfoni sound. The T25t tweeters do it so effortlessly, you are going to be blown away by them! As for the midbass it has to be the same, my T165's will be in late today. I will at least have time to fondel them tonight. Im heading out of town in the morning so I have a busy night tonight and likely will not get them set up for audition on my sound board.

Ill make a copy of the CD we spoke about for you asap and get it mailed out.

S

·
0 Posts
So glad you like the Sinfoni Maesotso... As most of you know, I'm a Sinfoni fanatic... I've always been impressed with the amplifiers going back to the Amplitude series...

The Sinfoni speakers are just as impressive... absolutely stunning in presentation as well as sound... just wonderful.

By the way, let those T165W break in for about 200 hours... if you think they sound great now... just wait until they've been loosened up a bit...

In addition to the Maestoso speakers... The Appassionato and Eroico sets are equally impressive... For the Appassionato to be the entry level product... truly breathtaking performance...!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
and Sinfonis own T25 Masteoso (Pronounced My-sto-so) tweeter.
Nice kit!

But, being Italian, I gotta razz you a bit. The word MAESTOSO (not masteoso) is pronounced My sto zo (key to say ZZZZZooo not SSSSooo) and the "My" part is more Mahyee-ish than it is straight My.

Now, back to it... give me your speakers because I want them!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Ill have to work on my tongue exercises to get that one just right ^

The wife will be happy to help me im sure, deeppinkdiver back in action...lol

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice kit!

But, being Italian, I gotta razz you a bit. The word MAESTOSO (not masteoso) is pronounced My sto zo (key to say ZZZZZooo not SSSSooo) and the "My" part is more Mahyee-ish than it is straight My.

Now, back to it... give me your speakers because I want them!!!
I can not spell well. I also have a hard time pronouncing these speakers names. LOL
I could have sworn Emilios said "My-sto-so" when I asked him to pronounce them several times.

BTW, the customer service is just spectacular. I feel bad for speaking to Jerry and Emilios so much but they are so damn helpful.
Steve on the other hand just convinces me to spend more money. :p

·
Registered
18,411 Posts
im still not even sure how sinfoni is pronounced.. like symphony but the m changed to an N, or sin-phone-ee, or how i originally though sin-fahn-ee..?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

And I only have 4 or 5 grand in the whole system. Wait...... I had a $1500 budget.... :surprised::o:confused::mean:[/QUOTE]

Know how that goes. Told the wife I would only spend a grand on my system :rolleyes:

luckily since I buy in stages and occasionally sell old stuff off she cant keep track of what I spend on it.

That being said I only have 200 invested in all of my drivers and I bought them all nib! Then again my drivers vs yours are apples to oranges

1 - 20 of 117 Posts