DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I openly invite any Texans to come listen to my truck. It is not the end all be all but will allow you to sample them and get an impression.
I also hope someone with good tuning abilities and some equipment can help me tweek these to the best of their abilities. I am willing to pay.

I also would love some others opinions just to make sure i am not being biased.

·
Registered
950 Posts
That is awfully kind of you Bill. I would think there are some other SQ guys near you that could help and enjoy a taste of Sinfoni as well.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Excellent.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I spent the better part of the day enjoying new WAV files on the unit since most of my stuff with a few exceptions is MP3. I have been throughly enjoying these speakers.

I hate the Eagles yet one of the songs was the Live Hotel California song and holy hell I had to listen to it several times. Its like you are right there in the front row. Separation and depth is unbelievable. I dont know this song well so have no comparisons but its making me Think of trying other Eagles songs.

Alice in Chains "No Excuses" acoustic is just an event. The vocals are so crisp and clear I just sit there and drool on myself.

The bongos and drums in a song called "Big Brother" are right there on the dash. You can hear there is one on the right and a separate one on the left channel. Very cool. Might not be a bongo but its some small percussion instrument.

Improvisation from the Focal disc is a real treat. The drums sound spectacular and are well placed. The track seems like the mike is in the middle of the drum set because separation is impressive. Hearing the hair drum stick slide across the drum is very lifelike. The smacking of the side of the drums comes across with a solid click and the blend handing off the high hat from the mid to the tweeter is seamless.

These speakers are just continuing to blow me away. I will be reviewing the tweeters soon but here is a hint. They are quite special.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No sir. I have yet to sample any HAT equipment.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I just made a girl cry. I feel bad..... no I dont.

She loves the song Bones by Ginny Blackmore. So since I just got a good version of it I sat her down in the drivers seat and turned it to just a few clicks below clipping. After the song was done i looked over and she had tears in her eyes. I asked what was wrong and she said shes heard that song 100's of times and it has never sounded so beautiful before. She made me play it two more times. LOL

I have never had sound quality move someone to tears before.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I love the Alice in Chains Unplugged album. Down in a Hole is just amazing.

Also take a look at Days of the New. "Touch, Peel, and Stand" and "Shelf in the Room" are great. Oh! And Everlast's "Weakness". Please snag that one! The girls voice that comes in around 1:50 could send chills. Actually really interested to see what you think about that one.

S

·
0 Posts
Brother, so happy for you sir... so glad Sinfoni is receiving some much deserved acclaim.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Seems to come in at 1:55 but I cant find a good copy. I need it in FLAC or WAV and can only find m4a or really low quality mp3.
Would sound good I bet uncompressed.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes. They do play better to lower frequencies now and I have the high pass at 63hz. They do great for anything except Yellawolf at high volumes but thats got a lot of kick at 70ish hz. Evrything else sounds very nice.

The speakers have given me no complaints at all. They continue to perform perfect and they cause me to kill lots of fuel from just sitting there listening to music. LOL

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
i f'n HATE that i found this thread and read it. I f'n hate you too!!!!:mad::mad:

I am now going to spend the next several days in crappy mood because i don't own these speakers.:mad:

:p

41 - 60 of 117 Posts