DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
i did.....
You are the third person to threaten me with bodily harm if you dont love them. Good thing they are so good. Coppertone said they will go sideways up my bum. :p

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Mine arrived today and they are gorgeous. I can't wait to get some time to put them in my car and hear how they sound. Won't be until next week unfortunatly as i ordered some FAST rings, and they wont arrive until Monday.

But i am super stoked and they are for sure as beautifully made as everyone has said.:)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Yeah those two are great to work with. Can't wait for you to play with them. They are so pretty its a shame to hide their baskets. I even love the wire terminals.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Yeah those two are great to work with. Can't wait for you to play with them. They are so pretty its a shame to hide their baskets. I even love the wire terminals.
I didn't get to really look at the wire terminals last night, but i am very much loving the concept of screw down wire terminals. Thats a first for me seeing it, and in my head i have always thought that it was the best way to go. Especially for subwoofers.

I think including an allen key, or mentioning on the website what size key it is would be a nice touch. JL and Mosconi does that with their amps and i think thats grrrrrrrreat :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
No. In the box is speakers. Nothing more, nothing less. LOL

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks Chad. Means something coming from this weekends winner in SQ. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Glad you're getting the Maestoso dialed in... although they don't need much....

Best wishes

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Car sounded outstanding over the weekend Bill. :) Its as good as you have been describinb it! With a few more easy tweaks, its gonna be scary good... Great job my friend. Congrats! :)

~Chad
A lot of what you said to me this weekend has been reverberating around my head. There were a couple things I really liked, for instance our discussion on tonality. I was pleased that you liked the tonality as I was curious how a seasoned ear would like them with no DSP trickery or an EQ mattress. I know your OCD was in overdrive over the sound stage but I could see in your face you liked the sound.
Thats the one thing that has impressed me the most. With these speakers you can drop them in, set the crossover and just go and several SQ dedicated people will still enjoy them. Granted once we got the stage somewhat tuned in it was on yet another level. Gotta thank you and Eric for that.

I am still playing with the EQ and have settled on a final crossover setting of 63/2.5k both with a 24db slope but I always find myself happy after a drive.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Its a start....and OMG all i can say is that just listening to this speaker, no tweeter or sub gave me goosebumps. I guess you are safe:)

I am going to order some matching stainless snap caps to cover the screws, even though noone will ever see them. Now i just have to hope the door panel fits back on. If anyone wants me to sent them screws and stainless caps, just shoot me a pm...i get them thru Pro-dec for sign work:eek:

Thanks for the push guys...these things are everything you said they were.:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
MiniSQ:
So glad the Maestoso are everything you have hoped for... just wait till they are paired with the T25T tweeter...

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
MiniSQ:
So glad the Maestoso are everything you have hoped for... just wait till they are paired with the T25T tweeter...
Stop it:eek:

I am going to hopefully be happy with my KAXBLTWT tweeter or maybe go back to my PHASS tweeter:eek:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Excellent! So glad you like them and I can love for another day. They really are something special.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
LOL. ...
Either of those tweeters will be a wonderful match...
The KAXBLTWT is a very nice tweeter and a great match for these woofers.

This is also the first time i have used a woofer that i think would be very happy with 2-300 watts. It seems to be laughing at my 100 watts of mosconi power :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Yeah 200 is about perfect for them. Proper crossovers and EQ settings keep them safe. I just spent the last 40 minutes running my Mosconi at 7/10ths with some hip hop and rap (playing with the "there is way more bass with the windows down" phenomenon) and they just dont even care. Thats with the Zero4 running them. Couple times I shut the subs down just to make sure the rattles I heard were not the mids. Nope, nice and punchy and crystal clean.
Now I have to find the trucks rattle..... just when I think I have them gone I will find a song that makes something resonate. LOL

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Stop it:eek:

I am going to hopefully be happy with my KAXBLTWT tweeter or maybe go back to my PHASS tweeter:eek:
Comeon man! Out with it! How do you like them with the KAXBLTWTs?

81 - 100 of 117 Posts