DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Comeon man! Out with it! How do you like them with the KAXBLTWTs?
I plan on doing a review thread to discuss the two drivers together as a combo. Busy week and weekend for me at work, and then i hope to get some time to sit down and try and put into words what i think of these.

Hint: I really like them alot, but i am still experimenting with XO points to meld them together better. First listening was Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley, and the soundstage was phenomenal, with the tweeters low in the doors i have music up above the rear view mirror and basically full windshield. But i had never listened to that CD much before buying these drivers so it was not a fair test.

Last night i put in some DMB which i am very familiar with and i lost a bunch of height on the soundstage, and things sounded a little less lively, especially in tweeter world. Sio like i said i have some level adjustments to make, and some XO adjustments...and maybe even need to figure out the phase settings on the helix:D

But do i like them? Yes i really think they are going play very nicely with each other if i can dial in a little more sparkle out of the tweeter and raise the soundstage with the tweeters in the lower doors below the woofers.

The woofer continues to blow me away...my first thoughts were how effortless it seemed to be in making music, and i am modifying that a little, i am growing to appreciate something else in the speaker, and that is how much control it has over each note its playing...and how detailed it is able to render each note.

It really is something special to listen too.:p

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Try a crosover around 3.15k with a 18-24 db slope on the tweeter and 6-12 db slope on the mid. I think you may find that to be the sweet spot.

And yeah, these mids are something else. Never have I heard a driver that can simultaneously reproduce a drum kick in the 150 hz area while also reproducing female vocals and not lose impact on the bass or muddy up the vocals. They sound as if you have two speakers.
Wait till they break in! After 30-40 hours their bottom end really gets impressive. Dont hear any change above 300hz but below they really get some impact.

S

·
0 Posts
Of you're wanting save some greenbacks. ... the Sinfoni Eroico set is very nice !

Better than most others best offerings....

·
Registered
47 Posts
You guys...smh I knew I was in trouble when I joined this site. Thing is I always wanted a high sq system. Never wanted to spend the green, but this is going in a car i plan on having for a long time, so be it. I only want the best for this ride. So I feel I can justify it!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
You guys...smh I knew I was in trouble when I joined this site. Thing is I always wanted a high sq system. Never wanted to spend the green, but this is going in a car i plan on having for a long time, so be it. I only want the best for this ride. So I feel I can justify it!!!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
i can justify it after i bought them as saying that these drivers will truly be with me for many many more installs. Not sure i have ever felt that way about a driver before. They are that good.:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I had danced around with "cheaper" drivers and liked many of them. They all had some great traits and some compromises. The Sinfoni does not compromise. They only give you excellent sound. They are also very unusual about how user friendly they are. As I was spending more and more on my speakers I noticed positioning becoming more and more critical. Also the better they got the worst they sounded with sub-perfect recordings or certain styles of music. Some of that has to do with them being home drivers. The Sinfonis were designed from the get go for the automotive environment. They knew how hard it is to have the speakers on axis and issues to work around with door mounted drivers. As a result they sound spectacular on or off axis. They also somehow allow you to listen to sub-par recordings or any kind of music and always sound great. The tweeters are just dazzling and the woofers realy kick some tail on the low end while maintaing perfect pitch on vocals.
For the first time I can mean it when I say my front stage is done. There is no other speaker out there like these and they are just wonderful. The ONLY speakers I could ever see me swapping these out for would be the Grandioso but there is no way to fit them in my doors so thats out.
If the truck ever gets sold they will not be sold with the truck. Actually I am so happy with every component I have now I wouldnt sell any of it with the truck. LOL

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had danced around with "cheaper" drivers and liked many of them. They all had some great traits and some compromises. The Sinfoni does not compromise. They only give you excellent sound. They are also very unusual about how user friendly they are. As I was spending more and more on my speakers I noticed positioning becoming more and more critical. Also the better they got the worst they sounded with sub-perfect recordings or certain styles of music. Some of that has to do with them being home drivers. The Sinfonis were designed from the get go for the automotive environment. They knew how hard it is to have the speakers on axis and issues to work around with door mounted drivers. As a result they sound spectacular on or off axis. They also somehow allow you to listen to sub-par recordings or any kind of music and always sound great. The tweeters are just dazzling and the woofers realy kick some tail on the low end while maintaing perfect pitch on vocals.
For the first time I can mean it when I say my front stage is done. There is no other speaker out there like these and they are just wonderful. The ONLY speakers I could ever see me swapping these out for would be the Grandioso but there is no way to fit them in my doors so thats out.
If the truck ever gets sold they will not be sold with the truck. Actually I am so happy with every component I have now I wouldnt sell any of it with the truck. LOL
I'm going to have to make the drive down to Waco so that I can hear these things. Even if I can't afford them, at least I will know what SQ level a car audio system is capable of and I be forever disappointed with the sound of whatever system I have.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm going to have to make the drive down to Waco so that I can hear these things. Even if I can't afford them, at least I will know what SQ level a car audio system is capable of and I be forever disappointed with the sound of whatever system I have.
Any trip made to hear these speakers is well worth it. We didn't have any way of hearing these in the Houston area & Emilios fixed that by sending a set of Eroico to a dealer here. If I would've known that their mid-level speaker would sound that great I would've driven anywhere in the state to hear the Maestoso or Grandioso.

S

·
0 Posts
In my opinion... the secret sauce is that Sinfoni "voices" all there speakers in a car.... multiple cars actually.... during the lengthy development process. ...

My $0.02

Hey, I just have away part of my Grandioso review....

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Brother I do have a day job and family.... LOL

I'll be posting it this week....
Just dew eeeettttt! :p

I am very excited to read about them.

I am a bit depressed as one of our members was wanting to drive down about 70 miles to come hear mine yesterday but I have been super sick all week and just an unbelievable headache so I knew I couldnt really get into a demo. Weather was perfect for it yesterday too as it was only 68* all day and it would have been nice and comfortable.
I will make it up to them though.

I have been wanting to tweak the EQ all week as something sounds a bit off but I think its just me. Head is throbbing and sinuses are blocked so i know its messing with my hearing.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts