DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
2,377 Posts
@electrodynamic, would the SQL-15 or SQL-12 work well in an IB setup?
Yes the SQL drivers will work very well in IB. With their Qts around a critically damped alignment in IB, their high Xmax, low Fs, and fairly lightweight design they will work very well in IB.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've got an upcoming IB install and have been wavering on whether to install a pair of SBP15's or a single IDMAX15, and I had pretty much decided to go with the single IDMAX15. But now with the SQL 15's in the picture I'm probably going to install the SBP15's in a dual opposed manifold, and have the option to swap in the SQL 15's if I feel like I need more output (with double the power handling and linear throw of the SBP15's). Thanks again to SI for another fantastic offering!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So while I await the return of the SQL12 with the new coil in it I have installed an Audiofrog GB12 in its place. Gotta say, nice freakin sub. Its able to play well a bit higher than the SQL but at about 70hz and down they are very similar. Little more kick with the AF around 50hz, bit more deep bass with the SQL. I cant send all the amps power to the AF like the SQL (turned sub level down 6 db and bass knob is set at half level now as well) as it really isnt rated for 1000 watts.
I look forward to hearing a production SQL so I can see how much efficiency change there is and see how or if the SQ changes. I really dig the SQL. I like how it can really dig into those deep notes and just how hard it can stroke.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
In my random dealings with the big brother RM-12 compared to the GB12 and also to a couple of different GB 10 boxes, i found in every case the RM-12 sounded better to me.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Always wanted to play with one of those. Planning on a pair of HST11s in a dual opposed box for my home theater.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Always wanted to play with one of those. Planning on a pair of HST11s in a dual opposed box for my home theater.
From what Nick told me about the one he built, I think he said he only had about 1/4” between the motors as they sit mounted in the box. Having only heard a couple hst18s in our buddy’s HT right behind the front row (which also act as front row massagers/spine realigners), I can only imagine how hard that motor pushes those 11” cones!

I built a ~8cuft dual opposed si ht18 sub with granite inlayed in the top that’s been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts