DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Much of what you've said here has very little to do with the equipment and is just a general dislike of the SPL crowd.

But then there's your sig...
So? I don't have the time or luxury to spend all day around this stuff, and there's plenty to choose from that isn't as "bling". Playing with car stereo isn't something I get to do all day, every day anymore. I do not get exposure to the latest and greatest. I only stick to what I know works.

For my needs and tastes I see no benefit to buying 2000WRMS amps and subs with exaggerateds magnet and suspensions. Saying those traits and features have merit and are critical to SQ is facetious at best.

Oh and ya, the crowd. Yup. Got me there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So? I don't have the time or luxury to spend all day around this stuff, and there's plenty to choose from that isn't as "bling". Playing with car stereo isn't something I get to do all day, every day anymore. I do not get exposure to the latest and greatest. I only stick to what I know works.

For my needs and tastes I see no benefit to buying 2000WRMS amps and subs with exaggerateds magnet and suspensions. Saying those traits and features have merit and are critical to SQ is facetious at best.

Oh and ya, the crowd. Yup. Got me there.
NOW you're on topic. The SQ and SPL crowds are quite different, but that's not what he's asking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually, if you see my original post about the gear being exaggerated and oversized you'll see I already addressed that.

Anyhow, that IS the biggest objection to putting it on a buy list, impractical, oversized and frankly, gaudy.

If you feel otherwise, great. Have at it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If he doesnt like having overkill subs thats his thing. I dig it. Hell even with my four 18s on 30,000 watts I actually have my sub level all the way down to -24 db and some bass EQ bands down as well when i drive daily in the streets. I only turn it up at competitions for demos. All that bass really does detract away from SQ and kills details however you can have SQ out of your bass if you know how to blend it with your mids. Just because you have all that bass doesn't mean you have to use all of it all the times.

I enjoy having the best of both worlds, I have one tuning one to hair trick and demo for people and the tuning for great soundstage, detail and clarity. Surprisingly my group delay is pretty amazing and due to it being a 6th order B pillar wall, my bass is right there in front with no localization whatsoever. Thats more on the install then the type of subs tho.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If he doesnt like having overkill subs thats his thing. I dig it. Hell even with my four 18s on 30,000 watts I actually have my sub level all the way down to -24 db and some bass EQ bands down as well when i drive daily in the streets. I only turn it up at competitions for demos. All that bass really does detract away from SQ and kills details however you can have SQ out of your bass if you know how to blend it with your mids. Just because you have all that bass doesn't mean you have to use all of it all the times.

I enjoy having the best of both worlds, I have one tuning one to hair trick and demo for people and the tuning for great soundstage, detail and clarity. Surprisingly my group delay is pretty amazing and due to it being a 6th order B pillar wall, my bass is right there in front with no localization whatsoever. Thats more on the install then the type of subs tho.
Pics?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Would like to see pictures of your 4 (18”) subs if you are willing to share .
got a snapchat build log of the 6th order wall. Rear chamber tuned to 26hz, front chamber 50hz, plays down to 24hz strong and rolls off afterwards, plays up to 65hz strong and rolls off afterwards but i have my low pass at 63hz since my midbass easily plays down that low with a lot of authority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBCwd8HOoAw&t=119s

Some windshield jelly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfkdWthH84

uhm oops, too much sauce, at the first db drag event doing demos. Literally finished the build the night before the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIusspypb6c

Told myself i need to get it painted but mandatory overtime at work sucks and its the holiday season as well.

20 cubic feet net rear chamber 178.5 sq inches of port area, 40 cubic feet front chamber with 1092 sq inches of port area.

pics of the 92lb sub, mounting them was a PITA by myself, good thing I lift lmao.
Here are the TS specs as well
Ascendant Audio Team 18 AA Team Series 18" 4000W Subwoofer - SSA STORE

amps. Brazilian full bridged technology. Small footprint, high power, high efficiency and stays super cold with 4 push pull fans built in. No noise, love em.

·
Registered
278 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts