DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT with the premium Blaupunkt stereo. I cannot remove this due to the HVAC controls being built in. I just bought the 500bt nav unit and the ND-G500 amplifier so I can hear the nav and Bluetooth through my car stereo speakers...its a PNP system. I also have three other Zapco amps to run my car stereo, along with an Audiocontrol DQL-8 OEM integration unit, which utilizes high level speaker inputs. Will I be able to utilize the ND-G500 and the Audio Control Unit at the same time? I know the G500 utilizes the high level speaker inputs, but im not sure if I can then run them again to the Audiocontrol unit. Finding the answer has been quite frustrating...if you have car stereo install experience...please chime in!!! thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is my plan. I wont be using the Headunit at all, im going to be hooking my Ipod directly into my DQL-8 in order to hopefully reduce the amount of noise in the system. I only want the center speaker to use the Nav voice and Bluetooth, , so I am going to use the pioneer amp to power that speaker. all other speakers in the car will be running off my zapco amps.

What i would like to do as far as installing the Pioneer unit itself is to get a spare casing for the headunit and mold the pioneer nav into the space that occupies the AC vents above the headunit. kinda like this

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i have a 2001 mercury sable with a sony six cd player in it. i thought the cd player would make the audio a bit louder but it didnt at all. if i were to buy the pioneer nd-g500 amp (but not buy the nav system) would it make my audio louder and clearer? would it even work at all? if not what are my options?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a proprietary amp...it needs the nav to function correctly. you can buy plenty of regular amps for about 100 bucks which will give you much more than the 12watts rms this pioneer amp gives you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the ND-G500 is made specifically for the AVIC-500BT. It is designed to allow seamless intergration into your factory system to allow bluetooth and navi to play through the factory speakers.
My dad bought one of these for my mom's 2005 Town and Country after buying the 500BT first. We are now working on installing the unit and it is not an easy install.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeeeaaahhhh....... I think they have probably figured it out by now, but thanks for the fast reply.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts