DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
wow that is cheap. only has 1 set of rca outs though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazon had it at $260 yesterday, should have jumped on it then.

Has anyone had any hands-on experience with this H/U? I want to pull the trigger on this, but I've never owned anything JVC. I don't want to get this, hate how it sounds, and be stuck with essentially a $300 monitor. Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
my previous experiences with JVC dvd players (AVX1, 7010, AVX2) tells me that you will be stuck with essentially a $300 monitor.

I'd go for it anyways. CHeap entertainment, better than stock HU. Add an iPod and that's it

·
Registered
78 Posts
my previous experience with the stand alone dvd player (no screen) tell me they're nice decks. my recent experience with an 820 bought new that died in just over a month tells me look elsewhere... I have it sitting here as a matter of fact waiting to send it in to see how long it'll be :(

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have an 810 that has worked flawlessly. I don't know how the 710 compares feature-wise, but in my opinion the JVC DD's are a decent value for a mid-level HU. It has nice image quality, great sound, and a lot of features for the money. It does not have the SQ tuning options of the Kenwoods or Pioneers though. My other complaints are the on-screen menu layouts and lack of volume knob.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have used a few of the single dins, and for the most part jvc decks have VERY nice DACS, if you get the right model, but they tend to have odd user interfaces for some reason

I also had an 820, that had great folder searching, detachable face, usb (kinda slow), dvd/mp3 playback, very nice remote, the sound was just okay off the preouts I bet optical would be far better, and the background screen bugged me (you cant change it like on the alpines), the bluetooth worked pretty well though

this is an okay price IMO, especially since it doesnt have a usb connector

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used a few of the single dins, and for the most part jvc decks have VERY nice DACS, if you get the right model, but they tend to have odd user interfaces for some reason

I also had an 820, that had great folder searching, detachable face, usb (kinda slow), dvd/mp3 playback, very nice remote, the sound was just okay off the preouts I bet optical would be far better, and the background screen bugged me (you cant change it like on the alpines), the bluetooth worked pretty well though

this is an okay price IMO, especially since it doesnt have a usb connector
how long did u run the 820? I'm guessing u didn't have problems with it and or didn't have it long?

yeah, playing videos the usb can get irritating it would freeze playin my flash drive sometimes lol and it was an 8gig not nearly full..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts