DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you figured DEI screwed up a good thing when they bought out A D S and slapped PPI on these speak's. I took a chance and got a set. These PPI 356cs speakers are real deal.Think Diamond HEX Silk,with a bottom end. $120.00 @ Ikesound.After hearing the first set I had to buy another. Now I have to stakeout the mailbox before the wife gets the credit card statement.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
dang... don't even need them and i'm tempted. i've never played with ADS but people always say nice things about them. price is pretty tough to beat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manual said 150 wpc will work,no higher.A little less sensitive than the Hex set,but a lot more low end.Very realistic vocals, not a bit nasaly,and laid back sounding tweets.mounting depth should not be a problem for most at 2.5"

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my old Diamond Hex's. I bit. Ordered by pair a few minutes ago. Needed something in my wife's truck. Thanks

I know you figured DEI screwed up a good thing when they bought out A D S and slapped PPI on these speak's. I took a chance and got a set. These PPI 356cs speakers are real deal.Think Diamond HEX Silk,with a bottom end. $120.00 @ Ikesound.After hearing the first set I had to buy another. Now I have to stakeout the mailbox before the wife gets the credit card statement.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Partsman, thanks for the heads up. I was just about to pull the trigger on new tweeters, but this looks too interesting so I ordered a set.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
That seems to be a pretty sophisticated crossover. When is the last time you saw features like that in a crossover from a $120 component set?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
That seems to be a pretty sophisticated crossover. When is the last time you saw features like that in a crossover from a $120 component set?
Looks like its bi-ampable..... meaning i could drive the **** out of those mids LOL
Why would they be selling the 6.5s for 120 and the 5.25s for 250?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ordering from ikesound...I hope you guys get your stuff.
I've bought several things from ikesound. never had a problem. i have heard if you send something in for a waranty you will be lucky to get it back.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hmm, its about time for a new forum boner. Great price too, considering onlinecarstereo has them for $309.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are bi-amp ready. I first saw them on the bay from sonicelectronics.They were buy it now for 135 shipped but only had 5 for sale.Cant understand why they are going so cheap since this is the current model on their site (PPI).

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've bought several things from ikesound. never had a problem. i have heard if you send something in for a waranty you will be lucky to get it back.
I've just seen more horror stories from them than I can count on my fingers and toes...enough so that I'd never want to buy from them. Kinda like how I would never buy a HO alt from Irragi after seeing thread after thread of complaints...

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
I've just seen more horror stories from them than I can count on my fingers and toes...enough so that I'd never want to buy from them. Kinda like how I would never buy a HO alt from Irragi after seeing thread after thread of complaints...
Hmm thats funny I have had 3 Irragi alts and never had a problem with any of them, The last one I had it was in my QX4 fro close to 3 years, I sold the car to my buddy about 2 years ago, so that makes 5 years and it is still going strong, dont believe everything you hear or read

1 - 20 of 989 Posts