DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
You usually get a little further by asking more specific questions.

Source: I do technical training for a living and this is just way too broad of a question without some background on who you are and what experience you have. Also maybe explain why you dropped $2000+ on something without a plan to hook it up?

Anyway, In general, you should:
  • Set a lowpass filter to about 300 Hz [See EDIT below] - those channels then go straight to your midbass speakers. If you have a sub, also set a highpass to about 80 Hz. If not, set a highpass to about 40 Hz.
  • Then set a highpass filter on the other two channels to about 300 Hz - those outputs go to the input of your crossover. Hook up your mids and tweeters to the crossover outputs (the midbass output will be empty). Then mount your mids and tweeters close to each other. [EDIT: You do not need a highpass on these channels. The passive crossover will be OK and should be around 300 Hz, but I am not sure. You should test this or find documentation from Focal if you can, then match your lowpass on the midbass channels to this]
  • Finally time align and EQ it as best you can.

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
We are here to help, but you're asking a lot of questions that can be answered by reading the owners manuals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a basic wiring question. I'm running a Kenwood excelon dnx996xr deck with focal 3 ways es165kx3 in front a pillars 6.5 in doors. 2 way components es130kx2 in rear. 10" jl audio stealth box w3v3 for sub. 2 mosconi d2 gladen 100.4 amps with a helix dsp pro mk2. All active no crossovers. Just wondering the best way to wire it because I am getting static and a little road noise that drives me crazy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Your equipment changed a lot in the last 5 hours. Now you have a DSP and 2 Mosconi amps instead of a Focal amp?

Smells like troll or just bored kid, but if you do have all that equipment, please just take it to a respected installer and have this done right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing basic about that install at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a troll. I'm 40 years old. I was told to go back passive passive crossovers. Because of rad noise I can't get rid of and the focal amp was nice but the mosconi amps sounded much better in my opinion

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dunno ... you say you're trying to get rid of road (or rad?) noise? What is that? Why not take a video of the noise so we can try to help?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant road noise. The shop that installed everything said that it could only be a pinched wire under a seat. Not sure why you are breaking my balls. I won't give advice anymore. Seems like a simple question to me but guess I'm wrong

·
Listener of Music
2,919 Posts
I meant road noise. The shop that installed everything said that it could only be a pinched wire under a seat. Not sure why you are breaking my balls. I won't give advice anymore. Seems like a simple question to me but guess I'm wrong
We've been having a lot of trolling lately. You asked a compound question in a weird way. Then gave a conflicting answer by not saying you switched amps during the day. So it all does seem strange. However since you need help start off by telling us about the wiring and installation of each piece of equipment. Also tell us about what you have done to get rid of the noise so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not a troll. I'm 40 years old. I was told to go back passive passive crossovers. Because of rad noise I can't get rid of and the focal amp was nice but the mosconi amps sounded much better in my opinion
I also just joined this forum for a few days ago like you and I'll help if I know the issue but your question is very general. Why not you follow the manual instruction? and if you get troubles then take pictures of your troubles. When we'll suggest the solution if we know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts