DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Hertz Energy ESK 165.5 2 way separates mounted in the front doors of a 2007 Silverado Classic Crew Cab. The operates are mounted in the stock locations of the doors.
Speakers sound great other than one of the ET 26.5 Hertz tweeters is bad that comes with the set is bad. This is 100% my fault, I like my music loud and as a result this is sometimes the outcome.
My thoughts now are should I take this opportunity and go with a different brand driver such as SEAS or Focal? Which one?
Stick with a replacement pair of tweeters from Hertz either from the Energy or Cento line?
Just not sure how another brand might blend with the existing mid bass driver and crossover already in place.
Sorry for all the questions, but other than using component sets already packaged together, the whole mix and match of drivers is lost on me.
Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you're planning on sticking with passive crossovers, your best bet is to replace with the same tweeter or replace the entire component set with something else. If you go active sure then you can dial in a crossover frequency to match up the woofer and tweeter. It's a roll of the dice unless you're comfortable building your own passive crossovers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shadow.
The plan is to go active with a DSP, but that is at least a year out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So turns out the tweeter was not bad. Found this out by swapping out Hertz tweeter for a tweeter from a previous install, still sounded bad. Left that tweeter in and swapped the crossover, still no change. Finally changed out the mid driver with no change.
Final solution was putting all the Hertz components back in and adding more foam and deadner to door panel and door.
So turns out my ears really suck at telling the difference anymore. Hell getting old.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Did you try a different amplifier channel or swapping the rcas? Better to track down the issue to one component and deal with the issue

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem was solved with fixing whatever was vibrating between the door and the door panel. The Hertz components are back in the truck and working as they should.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good to go! Glad to hear. I was sure that the foam had fixed your issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts