DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my civic coupe was totaled and to replace it I found a minty 94 Mercedes S420. I'm making different plans in my head on what to do but i'm not sure on bass.
AS some of you know Mercedes decided to put the fuel tank behind the rear seat between the trunk and the passenger compartment. There is an enormous rear deck that I may can do something infinite baffle on but i'd like to keep something removable.

Does anyone have any experience with these cars? will traditional subs in a box in the trunk give me some ok bass or will I be disapointed. I have 4 alpine type R 12s at my disposal and a Memphis ST1500D amp that I was running on 2 type r's in my coupe and was very pleased with the SQ and output.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also for anyone interested the rest of the setup will be:
-Pioneer DEH-P860 (source for now)
-RF 360.2 (may upgrade to a minidsp 2x8)
-Vifa BC25SC06 tweeters in a pillars mounted off axis (had them semi-on axis in my coupe wanna play around with different mounting in this car)
-Dayton RS100 4" midranges off axis in a pillars
-Dayton RS225 8" midbass in a ~ .5cf enclosure mounted in the factory location in the doors somehow
-may use some rear fill with the rear output of the deh-p860 delayed as much as i can get it
-Phoenix Gold Titanium 500.4 on the mids/tweets
-Phoenix Gold XS4600 bridged for the midbasses
-Memphis ST1500D for whatever bass I run
-also may replace the oem trunk mounted battery with two 100aH AGM batteries. Car already has 2awg wiring from the front to the rear :D i'll upgrade the grounds on the alt accordingly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts