DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know...most of you are gonna think I'm crazt. Most of you want it the other way around, but hear me out. How can I produce a bass roll off effect in my system? You know, like a factory stereo does....as you turn it up it doesnt add bass linearly or rolls some off at higher volume. The reason is some song I have, have massive amounts of bass recorded into them and what may sound fine on one song might make my speakers bottom out and rattle on the next. I know I know...turn it down...or readjust...but that gets old especially when I'm trying to drive...playing with the radio isnt safe...

car: 2004 GTO
radio: pioneer 1500nex
amps: fosgate 4x100, 1x750
speakers (4) silverflute 6.5" mids, rear deck is two 6.5" tang band subs (about to go bye bye in favor of some 8" subs)

My 2019 silverado stereo does a great job of this.....any ideas how I can add it?

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the remote level control for the 750x1?
Are you using the infrasonic filter?
I do have the remote but I didn’t want to mount it (I didnt like the look of it) and I bought this radio with sub control to get rid of the remote.
Yes the filter is on, but it’s up all the way. Since you said something about it, I went read on what it does and it’s the opposite of what I thought. So I’m gonna mess with that some more. Thx

· Registered
401 Posts
I do have the remote but I didn’t want to mount it (I didnt like the look of it) and I bought this radio with sub control to get rid of the remote.
.playing with the radio isnt safe...
The remote is the solution to your problem. Turn one knob without looking vs. clicking 3 times and turning another knob

· Registered
4,319 Posts
I know, I know...most of you are gonna think I'm crazt. Most of you want it the other way around, but hear me out. How can I produce a bass roll off effect in my system? You know, like a factory stereo does....as you turn it up it doesnt add bass linearly or rolls some off at higher volume. The reason is some song I have, have massive amounts of bass recorded into them and what may sound fine on one song might make my speakers bottom out and rattle on the next. I know I know...turn it down...or readjust...but that gets old especially when I'm trying to drive...playing with the radio isnt safe...

car: 2004 GTO
radio: pioneer 1500nex
amps: fosgate 4x100, 1x750
speakers (4) silverflute 6.5" mids, rear deck is two 6.5" tang band subs (about to go bye bye in favor of some 8" subs)

My 2019 silverado stereo does a great job of this.....any ideas how I can add it?
Loudness?

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Oooo yea. Damn. I forgot about that. Maybe I just need to do some tuning and learn what the crossovers do. Lol, I feel like a dummy.
You just need a bass knob. That is exactly why they make them.

Reactions: TrashPanda

· Registered
4,319 Posts
If you don't like the looks of your bass knob, google "bass knob", there are quite a few out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.