DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2002 Toyota Celica that I've owned for about 4 years. When I bought the car it had some type of Android knock off dvd player/screen already installed. The same stereo is still in the car, I haven't touched any of the cabling. Now all the sudden, if I leave my car off for more than a couple days then the battery dies. I took it to a mechanic and he found out that the stereo was causing it. He pulled the fuse for the stereo so I can still use the car but if I can't use the stereo. Any hints on what could've caused this when nothing was touched? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Cayman GTS
49 Posts
I'm guessing your mechanic measured the parasitic draw with the head unit plugged in and unplugged?

Some of those android head units have a "quick boot" option that doesn't turn them completely off when the car is off. You should be able to disable that from the options somewhere.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
you have also confirmed that since pulling the fuse, you no longer have battery drain and dead battery? Just want to make sure you dont have anything additionally you need to look at

1 - 8 of 8 Posts