DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at running 4 ga from the battery to a power distro, then to 2 PDX amps (already verified the 4 ga will be enough). I need recommendations for battery terminals (fused or non-fused) that will accommodate the 4 ga wire and the power/ground wires for my 2007 corvette (not sure of the size yet - working on that).

Is there any benefit to adding a terminal to the negative post of the battery, or just add one to the positive side.

Sorry for the newbie questions - brushing off over 10 years of dust!

Dave

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I would look at Darvex.com/Stinger site. I like the Tsunami battery topper also TSUNAMI

Just depends on what will fit and how fancy you want (digital read out ect.)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Streetwires make some really good-looking battery terminals and distribution blocks. Pricey, though.

Several on-line vendors sell their stuff, including Crutchfield.

If you're not going to ground your amps to the battery, or upgrade the battery ground cable, it is not necessary to replace the negative battery terminal. It just looks better when the positive and negative terminals match. :)

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Got this and it's mate from Darvex, will take both 4 or 0ga and maybe some 8ga, not 100%....

Sexy to...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Got this and it's mate from Darvex, will take both 4 or 0ga and maybe some 8ga, not 100%....

Sexy to...

Ya that will work for sure. What kind of battery arew you running? If you're running an optima then tsunami makes a battery topper with fuses and a meter built right into it. It just clamps to the top of the battery and houses 1/0 and 4 ga and I think even 8 ga fused and non fused. No need to mess with extra in lines.

The down side I guess is that there's a lot of talk on here about optima's failures so it's kind of a toss up.

That topper can be a little pricey though.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I'll be running a DieHard Platinum if anything... right now i'm running a NAPA batt.. soon to change..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts