DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

What day can you make the Bay Area meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's the time of the year again - a car audio meet for the NorCal group. I'm going to put 3 tentative dates and we'll determine what day would be good for the most of us. Cast your votes! (You can select more than 1 date)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Bay Area Meet Poll!

unless i get really lucky, i'm out. Halloween i'm going down to Santa Barbara to rage, so I can't take time off so close to it.

If I get a lucky break on my schedule, I can make either date besides Halloween

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Re: Bay Area Meet Poll!

either the 24th or 31st for me

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I'm with Bing. November FTW! If I get out of my cast soon enough, I might even have a working system by then!! LOL!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'll be in Chico to party on Halloween so wont be available that day. The 24th is the Duck Season opener, so if the morning hunt sucks I may be able to make it for the afternoon...but its only a maybe. And the 7th I have work in the afternoon, but could make it if its in the morning and not crazy far from Davis.

Where are we planning to meet?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The farther out the better.. car is headed to the shop. lol

clutch is malfunctioning and wont let me take the car out of gear. :(

gotta go have them take it apart and see whats going on. hopefully itll be fixed by the end of october.. but we'll see.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Sounds like a throw out bearing IMHO. But that's beside the point. :)

So, Nov 7th is looking popular. Where did you have in mind for the meet Anthony?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a throw out bearing IMHO. But that's beside the point. :)

So, Nov 7th is looking popular. Where did you have in mind for the meet Anthony?
Not sure Zach. I know in the past, most members were from the south bay/San Jose but we seem to moving towards east bay. I guess San Francisco is out of the question. I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've missed the last two gathering. This time I will be there, so you count me in.

Just throwing the idea out there, we could meet at the parking lot of Chabot College. There's a large parking lot with highways 880 and 92 close by.

25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545

·
Registered
113 Posts
Soory Boostedrex if you're not directing your question, regarding place to met, towards me.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've missed the last two gathering. This time I will be there, so you count me in.

Just throwing the idea out there, we could meet at the parking lot of Chabot College. There's a large parking lot with highways 880 and 92 close by.

25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
Sounds like a spot... any places to eat nearby? We won't be disturbing anybody would we?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's been a while since I've been over there, but there are plenty of food joints up and down Hesperian. May be someone near-by or someone familiar to the Hayward area can chime in?

We could meet parking lot "G". I'm not sure how crowded the parking lot gets during Saturday. It's a pretty open area. We should have at least one more possible location -for back-up.

I've provided the school and Google maps below:

Official Chabot College Website

Google Maps

Chime in....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I dont know about doing it in a school campus... kinda too "public" there, security may come out if we start just bumping music.

also, the area is kinda ghetto... wouldnt want anyone to become a target.

the old alameda base was workable last time. i wonder if we could do it there again?

as for my clutch.. not sure about the t/o bearing... seems like its something else. I can actually shift the transmission if i hold the clutch pedal 1 inch above the floor. If i go all the way until i hit the stop, the clutch starts to make some sort of metallic rattling noise and it becomes impossible to shift.

Might be a broken clutch spring or a pressure plate strap... not looking forward to the repair.. but hey if it's the t/o bearing, thatll save me a good 500 bucks.. but the labor is whats gonna screw me still. gonna actually try to gut the car today.. dont want to leave the stereo in while they work on it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
snip snip
Sorry to hear about that J, I hope things won't be too bad. I wish I could help you but I'm no good with mechanics, just electronics.

One of our first meets was about 9 years ago at Mission College (where I used to work at) in Santa Clara. It was a huge parking lot in the back of the college and it is right next door to Mercado with plenty of places to eat. It worked out great. We used this place again a couple of years ago..

The army base in Alameda was good in terms of space and privacy.. only problem is nothing was nearby. No place to eat or take a leak... it was a secluded area and huge. I think people got lost easily. Just keep this in mind.... if we decide to do this place again.

Chabot would be cool if it's like Mission College. If somebody knows the area well or happen to live nearby, help us scope out the place on a Saturday and see how it is.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Chabot is kinda in the ghetto area. lol.. its OK, but probably not the best area. not too far from there is Union Landing, as well as a few other areas to grab food, etc.

actually in Alameda.. if you go back on that main street before the base, I believe there are some fast food places and pizza. but you're right in thinking it is hard to find. Everything tends to look the same around that area.

Mission College is more secluded as its not directly on the main street. down the ways is mercado and some other food joints if you want to drive a little bit.

On another note, CSU East bay has an extension campus by my house in concord with a pretty secluded parking lot... but that might be a little bit of a drive for everyone. lots of places to eat along the way. theres also Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill which is even closer to the freeway and food areas. I'd have to check to see if the parking lots are open on the weekends though. The lot i'm thinking of is off to the side, away from the campus and is really just used as an "overflow" lot. Would be good since its away from everything.

Another idea is Pleasanton/Danville... I think there is a park somewhere around that area that ive been to. Decent sized parking lot, plus we could do a BBQ or something if you all wanted. I believe there was also a parking lot that we found that is empty on the weekend not too far from the park as well.

i just hope i can have my car ready by then..

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
we can do the alameda location like last time but should plan to go to a place for food instead of just sitting there all day :)
Good idea. We could either meet up for lunch somewhere easy to find and then all drive to the base together or do things vice versa. Thoughts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts