·
Registered
316 Posts
Not bad. Strappable too, apparently.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the code. Yah I don't need any more amps, but it's still a great deal. The (4) channel I think I've seen for $119 on there before, but the amount you save on the sub amp washes that out. Good deal for a matching set!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
really interesting power ratings. 580 @4, [email protected], [email protected]
At 4 ohms, it's voltage limited. At 1 ohm, it's current limited. It actually makes perfect sense.

It puts out about 27V and up to about 27A at 1 ohm - can't provide enough current into 1 ohms, so the voltage will be limited to 27V
It puts out about 44V and up to about 22A at 2 ohms - perhaps power supply limited - Notice it barely has less voltage than 4 ohms and way more current
It puts out about 48V and up to about 12A at 4 ohms - rail voltage too low to get much higher even though the current is low

P.S. don't care who designed it. As long as it says Bazooka, no thanks. I'd feel like jumping into traffic every time I opened my trunk and saw them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
looks like 2 ohm min on the strap and doubles the power at that load so [email protected] for 260 bucks. thats pretty impressive.
Strapping these amps at 2 ohms would be doubling what each amp makes at 1 ohm, 780 watts, so total output of both amps strapped at 2 ohms would be 1560 watts. Strapping these bad boys at 4 ohms would be doubling what each amp makes at 2 ohms, 1008 watts, so total output of both amps strapped at 4 ohms would be 2016 watts. Unfortunately, none of the literature clearly states how much power the amps make when strapped. There is just a note stating at what impedance maximum efficiency is reached at when the amps are strapped. Good deal none the less. :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Same board (ish) as those Clarion amps. The Clas G/H if I remember correctly. There is quite a few amp brands that used these boards. They get them from Ubuy. So figure Arc,Elf,Clarion, litebox (I think), Bazooka,Cerwin Vega etc

Not trying to start a war here but remember that just because it says Bazooka, odds are, several other brands have the same board.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same board (ish) as those Clarion amps. The Clas G/H if I remember correctly. There is quite a few amp brands that used these boards. They get them from Ubuy. So figure Arc,Elf,Clarion, litebox (I think), Bazooka,Cerwin Vega etc

Not trying to start a war here but remember that just because it says Bazooka, odds are, several other brands have the same board.
Actually that is a misconception about ELF. I could be wrong, but I remember reading a post on here where someone spoke to an ELF rep and he said they use their own proprietary electronics.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm very tempted to try this amp. Well two of them. Ous anyone interested in a matching jbl crown 1100 and matching 4 channel =)

Sent from my lg phone, while I am on the crapper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts