DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Cars are not the same thing and eBay has different policies with vehicle sales.

You going to fly to a Scammers house over a $100 item? Probably not.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Plus, it is easy to use apps to text or talk with a different number than your actual number. But even if you had their number, what would this accomplish?
Nothing really except you could actually talk to the person if needed if it was a very expensive item. Would you sell something to someone that cost thousands of dollars if they weren't willing to tell you who they were or their phone #? I wouldn't

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys for support and sharing your experiences!
I'll keep you updated how this story will end, so far no big feelings to win this dispute... lesson learned!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was lucky this time... eBay covered me as seller and I take my money, but at the same time give money to the buyer too! Sad that this [email protected]%ng guy take a beautiful Alpine dsp for free!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's funny but I also got scammed on eBay when I sold a headunit on there. The guy tried to claim that the unit had a service code and wanted $200 partial refund for repair. His mistake was using a stock photo from the internet which I found and made my case with PayPal. PayPal requested that he sends back the unit but he folded and didn't follow through only to later apologize saying it was his cousin that was "messing" around on his account. Idiots.

I highly recommend anyone who sells anything valuable use security tamper seal stickers on so people can't swap guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts