DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems we have an flood of scammers contacting members. I think most of you are smart enough to know what's happening and to not send money to people that have no history here or outside of paypal (or as gift) unless you are absolutely sure.

If you are contacted, post a link to their account page.

These threads have brought this to my attention, so thanks to all the members for postings the scamming details:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have had up to three scammers with zero post counts pm and direct me to a potential seller for an item I listed WTB.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
In an effort to provide some protection to everyone, I would suggest not using "WTB" or "Want to buy" in your titles since history seems to indicate that the majority of affected users used this lingo in their thread. While I'm sure this strategy won't thwart all scammers, it should help to mitigate them.

Perhaps an alternative title might be: Looking to purchase, or Seeking to purchase, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not using a paypal is not necessary a scam or spam. My country is still unable to accept PayPal payments, for example.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can’t recall this having been an issue prior to the switchover. Needless to say, it does not make for a very secure forum experience.
Perhaps however many posts it took to post in the classifieds is how many it should take to pm.

Reactions: VegasStereo

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just got PM form user pascalnicholas912 he gave me this email [email protected] of a guy have an Alpine F900 I was looking for. The guy (his name is Paul) text me some pics of the amps, but after a quick search I found the same pics on google.
I asked now some pics with his name and date close to the amp. He accept paypal anyway (not as friend), let's see what happen...
His paypal email is [email protected].
I don't think I am going to pay it even with paypal.
Be aware!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
wouldn't it make more sense to prohibit people without X number of posts, say 25 or 50, from using private messages?
I agree totally. I even need to put up more posts to meet that requirement but feel it should be looked at as a tip.
Is there a way to contact those in control and see if this could be a much more requested action?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can’t recall this having been an issue prior to the switchover. Needless to say, it does not make for a very secure forum experience.
Perhaps however many posts it took to post in the classifieds is how many it should take to pm.
[/QUOTE
Ruins trust for good people trying to just enjoy audio..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts