Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
he just sent me pictures he took from this ad

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not using a paypal is not necessary a scam or spam. My country is still unable to accept PayPal payments, for example.
This and some or at least me... cant
I got screwed 5 years back when I had started up a company... i had just under 1,000 sales and no complaints... had a 3,000sqft shop... lots of customers ect... was making a name for myself.

Winter time had no heat and shut down... i had a guy lie to paypal on a engine I had sold him(NOT THE ISSUE) I was more than happy to refund him but when I logged onto paypal the dispute was already done. PayPal refused to make the buyer send my engine back, and refused to let me keep my money... had a negative $5,200 balance . I was 23... looking back I should have gotten a lawyer but i couldn't afford it. I shut down my paypal, lost my conpany, god knows how many sales I havent been able to make because nobody trusts me without paypal... not to mention it changed the course of my life considering I had a good thing going and it stopped me cold.

Now I can hardly sell a set of damn 6x9s.

PayPal are thief's, they have no protection for Sellers... they put all your money into there own accounts and collect money off the interest for 3-5 business days (that's why they are the ONLY money sending transaction that isnt instant) and they bent me over backwords.

Anyhow point being... THERE ARE STILL GOOD PEOPLE out there that can not use paypal.

Get pictures of the sellers I.D. and face, get there personal Facebook, get there I.D. next to the items.... Video chat while they package and literally drive too UPS and pay to ship the items... these are things I have done with people to gain trust without the monopoly of paypal. I used to ship first and take payment after... but after getting screwed 2 consecutive times by buyers unfortunately that's no longer an option...

Life is hard without the almighty paypal. I'll thank god the day somebody else makes a SAFE transfer conpany and the sheep stop walking to the slaughterhouse and try another way.

Steer clear of WTB and ISO adds, scammers can pic out the ones they want and know you have not only been looking but also know you are more than likely antsy and ready to pay... got scammed on my "WTB Arc Audio CXL Amps" listing a few months back

Rant over... hope this helps if theres anyone else out there like me,
Adam Bainbridge.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
This and some or at least me... cant
I got screwed 5 years back when I had started up a company... i had just under 1,000 sales and no complaints... had a 3,000sqft shop... lots of customers ect... was making a name for myself.

Winter time had no heat and shut down... i had a guy lie to paypal on a engine I had sold him(NOT THE ISSUE) I was more than happy to refund him but when I logged onto paypal the dispute was already done. PayPal refused to make the buyer send my engine back, and refused to let me keep my money... had a negative $5,200 balance . I was 23... looking back I should have gotten a lawyer but i couldn't afford it. I shut down my paypal, lost my conpany, god knows how many sales I havent been able to make because nobody trusts me without paypal... not to mention it changed the course of my life considering I had a good thing going and it stopped me cold.

Now I can hardly sell a set of damn 6x9s.

PayPal are thief's, they have no protection for Sellers... they put all your money into there own accounts and collect money off the interest for 3-5 business days (that's why they are the ONLY money sending transaction that isnt instant) and they bent me over backwords.

Anyhow point being... THERE ARE STILL GOOD PEOPLE out there that can not use paypal.

Get pictures of the sellers I.D. and face, get there personal Facebook, get there I.D. next to the items.... Video chat while they package and literally drive too UPS and pay to ship the items... these are things I have done with people to gain trust without the monopoly of paypal. I used to ship first and take payment after... but after getting screwed 2 consecutive times by buyers unfortunately that's no longer an option...

Life is hard without the almighty paypal. I'll thank god the day somebody else makes a SAFE transfer conpany and the sheep stop walking to the slaughterhouse and try another way.

Steer clear of WTB and ISO adds, scammers can pic out the ones they want and know you have not only been looking but also know you are more than likely antsy and ready to pay... got scammed on my "WTB Arc Audio CXL Amps" listing a few months back

Rant over... hope this helps if theres anyone else out there like me,
Adam Bainbridge.
Different vaiables, but exact same thing happened to me. I will never use paypal again, you have no jury, they decide and thats that. I own a business and use the payment processor through invoicing software I have. A person can still dispute the charge but now its up to mastercard, amex, etc to decide and they actually let you send photos, videos etc to defend your point. Paypal is crooks, lost roughly $26,000 on a IP Camera system 8 years ago I was installing at a small motel. Finished the project, owner diputed, paypal refunded.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Different vaiables, but exact same thing happened to me. I will never use paypal again, you have no jury, they decide and thats that. I own a business and use the payment processor through invoicing software I have. A person can still dispute the charge but now its up to mastercard, amex, etc to decide and they actually let you send photos, videos etc to defend your point. Paypal is crooks, lost roughly $26,000 on a IP Camera system 8 years ago I was installing at a small motel. Finished the project, owner diputed, paypal refunded.
I am so happy I got someone to relate to my issue.

I thought I would get a ton of stupid hate messages lol. I'm sorry to hear that man... they are just an outright scum bag of a company. Like you said there the judge, jury and in some cases the guy that's there waiting for you to drop the soap after lmao!

I had the same thing happen I wasnt going to mention, but when I had seen the engine dispute (that was 4 MONTHS after i sold the thing) i also had a dispute on a F.A.S.T. 102mm Cathedral Port Intake manifold, new & loaded with polished 102mm throttle body, sensors, upgraded injectors and Billet aluminum fuel rails, new gaskets and more ($2,500+ value) i had sold it for $1,250. Buyer was talking with me and trying to get me to include the shipping for free... I wound up making a agreement with him that if I kept the stainless steel mounting hardware for my own build and included standard GM bolts instead I'd do free shipping (stainless were $35 new GM were $25new)

He agreed. Welp, the Jack A** told paypal I sent him the wrong bolts, I didnt have notifications or smart phones so I didn't know there was a dispute. Guy got to keep my intake and i was out $1,250. So it was actualy over $6,000 in total they boned me out of.

And besides the fact that I had hundreds of friends (customers) that I would help with there builds and help with part selections they all Loved me. I had a good name made for myself, I profited 10grand on the first 3 cars I parted out EACH. Split between my partner and with a $2,000 monthly shop rent it was still a healthy income.

And my customers loved me. It lasted 1 summer I went from zero too hundreds from all over the country telling me "I heard your the guy to call" meant alot to me that I was building a name

PayPal and 2 scum bag liers and it all got slammed shut. ZERO selling from then on till now (6 years)

Lost the shop, lost potentially what could have been a 6 figure company and that's not even exaggerating. I was starting to get orders on engines to be built by me, and had a guy sending me his new corvette for heads and cam install so it was growing into a performance shop... my dream.

PayScum killed it all. I live from used car flip to used car flip now.

They changed the course of my life and couldnt give a damn... and that's why when people say if you cant use paypal "it's your own fault" it makes me f***ing cringe.

Now they own venmo... but the idots that keep them going are just as much to blame... sheep to slaughter, the human race is un-evolving

All this said I do understand a buyers point of view and I am not speaking against that, nor am I saying it's a good idea to trust anyone without paypal.

But most people are to ignorant to even here me out..

I apologize if this offends anybody. And you can see its something that obviously took a Impact on my life and I'm sorry if I got carried away in this post

·
Registered
703 Posts
2 scammers below. Same deal, "email this person they have the stuff you want"

·
Registered
860 Posts
Damn these scammers i really thought i found a zapco sln-4 noise gate 😡

61 - 74 of 74 Posts