DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't installed a stereo in > 6 years until a few weeks ago. Frustrating, hands are sore, but the result is pretty decent. What it has done is opened my eyes and I'm likely to be a DIY junkie soon. Doors are sealed and the install portion is quite solid.

Current setup:
- G35C BOSE factory HU (flat output, seriously)
- Differential balanced outputs (< 2V)
- RCA spliced off factory harness (pre-amp)
- JL 500/5 (active 100x2, 25x2, 250x1)
- ID OEM (BP 70-2.5khz 24db)
- Seas Neo Alum (HP 2.5KHZ 24db)
- JL StealthBox 10W1V2 (LP 80Hz) Exile XT10 waiting in the house

Now I'm looking at doing a PXE-650 because the 3Sixtys have so many BT problems. Would I wire in via speaker level inputs? I'm also looking at potentially doing some rear midbass, maybe Peerless SLS so I'd need to rework the amp situation. Small install location for amps so thought of either...

Alpine PDX-2.150 and PDX-5 or
Kenwood KAC-X4R x2

I know the midbass wouldn't be T/Ad and such through the 3sixty or Imprint, but the super sexy Audison or other options is a bit rich for me at present. Also considering dropping the StealthBox for another enclosure using a Dayton HO, but that would be later due to expense.

Right now the staging is decent, but off. It's pretty much steering wheel off to the left and I know that could be upgraded. Proc is first, of course.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would def. use the speaker level inputs on the PXE-H650. That way you'll be using the "Anti-eq" feature just to be sure that factory output is flat. ;)

Edit: you know the H650 has Front 1/2 / Rear / Sub so you could keep your active front, midbass rear, and sub, right? I'll be honest tho, if you don't have experience with the imprint, it's a bit different. Good with T/A and getting a flat response; but adjust you're own crossovers/gains/levels for best results.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard a lot of plusses and minuses on the Imprint and 3.sixty and I like the Imprint concept as long as the workarounds solve mose of the problems. Would give me the rear midbass unlike the 3sixty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts