DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Been awhile guys. Upgrading my DSP to 10 channel...

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  saltyone 
#1 ·
...Is the Helix DSP Pro Mk2 still considered the end-all-be-all for 8x10 channel DSPs?

The last year has been a little nuts and I haven’t been keeping up. I literally have no idea if something nicer has been released.

The system in my Ram has been amazing and provided countless hours of enjoyment. That being said, it’s time to upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your feedback! I’ll be around a lot more going forward.

#6 ·
You could also move up to a DSP Ultra. It's 12-channel which gives you some room for expansion, but more importantly, it's a newer ACO-based device that supports Virtual Channels (and the other normal ACO stuff like FX features, 10 tune slots, Android app that does everything the director does, etc). You don't get any of that with the Pro Mk2... Personally, I don't think I'd buy a new Helix that wasn't ACO-based at this point.

#7 ·
This one is suppose to be up there with the Helix

But I find parts of their software a bit difficult to navigate. This part irritates...

Where as with the Helix pretty much straight forward.

Don't know much about the mini DSP. I like to play around with the software before I buy the product. They don't allow download of their software if you don't have their product. I have the Helix DSP Ultra to install soon.

#10 ·
Thanks for all the input guys! It's been a while...sorry for the radio silence. Covid happened and everything went "weird". Things are back to normal and it's time to move forward with the upgrade. So, I'm leaning towards the miniDSP C-DSP 8x12DL. C-DSP 8x12 DL - 12 channels High Performance Automotive Processor with Dirac Live (minidsp.com)

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device

I do not pretend to understand the intricacies of the different options that are out there. I have a guy that handles my tuning and installs. My job is to enjoy the end result. It appears that this DSP will work perfectly for the layout that I'm planning.

As a reminder, my layout is below..

Factory HU (RAM 8.4 Uconnect)
PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 w/TOSLINK (will use TOSLINK on new install)

Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad
Rockford Fosgate Power T400x4ad
Rockford Fosgate Power T750x1bd

Hertz MLK Millie Legend 1650.3 (6.5" woofer and tweeter)
Hertz MLK Millie Legend 700.3 3" midranges
Hertz MPX Millie Pro 6.5" coaxial (rear doors)
Alpine R Series 12"

I'm reusing my JL FiX82 in my daughter's new vehicle. I may give her the TwK D8 also.

So again, does anyone see a downside to using the miniDSP C-DSP 8x12DL? Would this DSP allow me to have a tune that defeats the rear fill speakers for competing and another preset tune(s) that includes the rear fills?

I'll be around a lot more now that things are somewhat back to normal.

Thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.