DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1: (mateship)

Generally theey value mateship and the concept of "a fair go". This extends to their fellow countrymen/women that are not mates, per se, but are mates culturally.

Here is an example using Covid, and a bunch of musicians from diverse gendres.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree STAY HOME! I love driving on the empty streets and prefer to be out and about in nature without the ignorant masses. Dream come true for me! Obey orders, stay home!

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree STAY HOME! I love driving on the empty streets and prefer to be out and about in nature without the ignorant masses. Dream come true for me! Obey orders, stay home!
You're consistent...
(It is a long drive to get here without an ark.)

They also like to use double negatives, which is sometimes subtly different than a positive.

In this case, as message of, "don't go out" is more like a double negative when compared to, "Stay the fuck at home".

Samuel L Jackson's use of vocabulary would probably allow him to fit in well here. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They also do HipHop with an orchestra, which seems unusual.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The president speaking on the alliance.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I’m in TN (US) and I went to my shop today (only me and my employee in a 4,000 sq.ft. space so we’re safe) and it seemed like a normal day to me. Didn’t seem like there was a pandemic and Stay At Home order at all. Could explain why TN keeps moving to the right on this interesting tracker made by engineers at Instagram.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I’m in TN (US) and I’ve went to my shop today (only me and my employee in a 4,000 sq.ft. space so we’re safe) and it seemed like a normal day to me. Didn’t seem like there was a pandemic and Stay At Home order at all. Could explain why TN keeps moving to the right on this interesting tracker made by engineers at Instagram.

Yeah I am not sure...
It is ANZAC day here, which celebrates the Australians and New Zealand Army Corp from over 100 years ago at Galipoli Turkey.

Also in the WW1 US forces were lead by the Australian Monash in one battle. But those were more military battles than Covid battles, war in drugs, or war on poverty battles.

So I stayed with the military theme for today. The US and Au were also in Vietnam, and more recently in other conflicts... maybe there is a conflict that they were not next to the US with... in the last 100 years?
However I cannot think of one.

So I guess they usually send their young off to wars to die for a cause with the US, UK, NZ and Canada; rather than telling them to drink or inject Lysol.

But the hole in the Ozone layer might also help with the Covid? And that phenomenon is also Australian and Antarctic.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since Covid seemes to still be popular, here is short film out of Sydney.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe we move on to the Olympics?

·
Registered
2016 WRX (FA20DIT)
71 Posts
G'day mate!
I was born in New Zealand and I'm proud of my Kiwi heritage; I moved over here when I was 9, I have lived my life as an Aussie, and I am happy to be Australian (y)
However - I once heard Australia and NZ and the surrounds described as the 'dumping ground for all the b grade electrical goods that they [the manufacturers] didn't want to take to the US market'.
I'll keep my opinion on that to myself; however I do not lie. That is exactly what he said and he was in a position in the industry where he could legitimately make that call.
Sorry if this is way off the topic you are going for and I'll happily delete it if you want.
Peace(y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts