Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Zapco DSP6

Votes: 14 70.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go active on my Germaniums this summer and also have a lot of processing to flatten out my response curve. They both have similar features, similar processing and crossover functions. The Behringer looks a little more powerful and is half the price, but I would need to power it and it doesn't look as user friendly as the Zapco. The Zapco looks very user friendly but has slightly fewer options and is expensive. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I would say you already listed their pros and cons, its just depends on which is more important to you...price? user interface? space? install?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Behringer can be modified to run 12v. You may want to see if you can find someone who can do it.
I could probably do it myself, I am an EE student, but the problem is the noise that would come through the circuit, when using AC that has to go through the transformer in the AC PSU already in the unit that will filter out any noise.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have used the DSP6 before and have one for my own car, so I guess I have voted in more than just the poll... it's not perfect, but it works very well.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I could probably do it myself, I am an EE student, but the problem is the noise that would come through the circuit, when using AC that has to go through the transformer in the AC PSU already in the unit that will filter out any noise.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You mean you can half-ass it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Behringer really isn't difficult to set up, I wouldn't bother letting concerns about user friendliness of that unit be a factor that plays a part in your decision.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
The Behringer really isn't difficult to set up, I wouldn't bother letting concerns about user friendliness of that unit be a factor that plays a part in your decision.
agreed, it's pretty easy to get around. DO look at which has finer adjustment, the higher you go in DSP the more fine you can get with adjustments such as Q of the filters, etc, you know, resolution of the settings.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
4,981 Posts
as long as you can tune from the front seat without moving too much, its fine. had to help set up a car recently wtih eqs that i have to go to the trunk to tune...never realized how much i had gottne used to sitting inthe front seat ala 701 or dsp6. it makes hte tuning process a lot quicker and a lot more enjoyable :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts