DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through a tech brief by Dan at Adire he recommends using Co ax cable instead of CAT 5 for interconnects, in particular he uses Belden 8412. The least I could find it for was .62 ft.
Have any of you found it for the .30 on a 100 ft roll?
I want to make sure I wont have any induced noise issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
npdang said:
No idea on that one unfortunately. I know that Belden has always been highly recommended. I use Canare star quad cable... each conductor is twisted pair and it's also shielded. Probably a bit extreme, but it covers all the bases and it's not too expensive either IIRC.

http://www.canare.com.hk/star_quad_mic_cables.htm

Where can this cable be purchased at? Thru your shop? Didn't see anything listed on the site...

Thanks

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Unfortunately at this point, I'd have to say Ebay is your best bet. Just do a search for Canare. Alot of those guys will make custom cables to length and color for a very good price.

I could also make the cables for you, but you would get much faster service and probably a lower price from those guys. Or you could make your own. It's very fast and easy with the right tools, although unfortunately it will set you back a good chunk for the stripper, crimp, and dies.

·
Registered
989 Posts
But then you could be one of those guys on Ebay that sells them :lol:

Or you can make a name for yourself on the forums and have eveyone buy from you.

Wait now that I think about it :idea:

:lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cam2xruuner-appriciate the help then-
thanks for the recommendation npdang.
Maybe we could put a recommended products page up with
these kind of items on it- I think it would make it easier for the newbie DIY.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
You don't have to solder. Alot of the good tips are crimp based. It's very quick and easy to do with the right tools... you can practically grind them out like a factory. Question is, do you want to put out the money for equipment, or if it's a one time deal would it be cheaper to pay someone to do it for you?

·
Registered
230 Posts
npdang said:
You don't have to solder. Alot of the good tips are crimp based. It's very quick and easy to do with the right tools... you can practically grind them out like a factory. Question is, do you want to put out the money for equipment, or if it's a one time deal would it be cheaper to pay someone to do it for you?

Does anyone make crimp on XLR connectors?

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mogami 2534 and Canare Star Quad are great.

You should be able to find Mogami for about $0.60/ft

I was turned onto this by a post at Carsound, The guy at Percy Audio verified that the Mogami is technically a little better than the Canare. Heh, not like it makes a difference really...but nice to know

I'd use Cardas rca's if they didn't cost so much. I once found the Cardas SRCA's for less than $6 per, oh well. Perhaps dayton/canare/neutrik are better deals...as long as they look decent and do the job right

I like Knukonceptz for power wire, but not for anything else really. I'd prefer something like Stinger, PG, or Lightning...for distribution, terminals, and the like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.