DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 2 Sundown SD3-10’s in separate 0.4cuft enclosures and i am powering them with a 2300w amp. I am very happy with how they sound and they are much better in terms of SQ than any ported sub i have used with the same amp. But because they are only 500w rms they will bottom out when pushing them.

Would a pair of Sundown SA-10’s be a good upgrade? As they are rated at 750w rms, have a higher xmax but also have the same recommended enclosure size, depth is not an issue. Or should i be looking for something even more powerful?

I do not want to change the enclosures really as its a semi stealth build.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
For 1 thing 2300 watts for 2 is way to much. And the enclosure size is to small. They to wire down and increase enclosure size. I've used that sub a lot and never bottomed them out

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
What amp are you using? Just need to make sure the 2300 watts is actually a real 2300 watts;)If it is yes that's WAY TOO MUCH for those subs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amp i’m using is a Ground Zero GZNA 1.2500dxii. Are there any subs around 1000w that would suit a small enclosure?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i know lol, that’s why i’m looking for a sub with a higher power handling. At the minute i keep the subs just below the bottoming out point, been using them for a few months with no troubles, but i would like a bit more SPL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts