DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 10" sub to run with a PDX-5 (300W mono sub channel). It will be mounted in a 1 cu. foot sealed box. Any suggestions as far as which sub would perform well given the power and box size I'm working with? Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
This one has a good following for $150.00

You be well served to state your budget as well.

There is a lot of good advice on this site.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
What about a pair of RE RE 10s? They only seem to require .5 cubic feet and they handle 175 watts RMS! You could also try a single RE SR sub!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would second the re sr, I have the pdx5 and have run 2 re se 12's with it, not to full potential but it works.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
Stick with Digital Desings....can't go wrong.
The only problem is he will need 1.5 cubic feet net for a single 10. My 1010 "worked" in 1 cubic foot net tuned to 35 Hz, but it produced more mid bass than sub bass :(

Yesterday I built a baffle board and stuck a 1508 in the 1010 enclosure.... I have sub bass again:D

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
His range of frequencies will change based on his enclosure size...But the sub is optimized for HIM !!

Sealed or ported...whatever, it is perfect :)

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also just installed Incriminator Audio's 10" 187 and i was very surprised with it. As it's breaking in it just sounds better and better. Very good for a 99 dollar sub.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Image Dynamics ID or IDQ10

·
Registered
216 Posts
This one has a good following for $150.00

You be well served to state your budget as well.

There is a lot of good advice on this site.
Am I missing something here? I don't see a link to anything and it's not clear what sub you're talking about.

Can you elaborate, please?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.