DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Best 8 inch midbass suggestions!

8K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  LBaudio 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a few choices regarding midbass that I was planning to run in my next build, need thoughts on what would provide the best regardless of fabrication etc. My 3 choices are. Brax ml8, Zr-Dream 1, or skanning Fu6. What im planning to run is the skanning, have aluminum pods also so would be stiff and heavy duty. Will be sending plentiful power as a hv venti will be used. Heres a couple pics of the skanning. Will be going in a lexus ls430. Cheers and thanks all for input in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Brax ml8...... $1700each.... lol do they install themselves?

What makes a 8" driver worth that ridiculous amount of money? Does it have the low bass of a 15" sub but also amazing mid bass? like could these two magic drivers replace everything in your whole system? If I were rich, I would not spend this kind of money on an 8" midbass.....and if you aren't stupid rich, you'd be a fool and irresponsible to pay that. smh.... and lol

#5 · (Edited)
1700$ is just a drop in the rabbit hole. Especially for midbasses. That's around what I paid for the Thesis Sax ii and I decided not to use them .... yet. I'm saving them for a future build on a car I don't own yet, that I haven't decided on yet. So I stored them.

What one spends on hobbies for their own reasons don't make them crazy or irresponsible. If they can afford them, then who cares. I really like taking the wife to clubs and ill spend 500-1k just to get us a table so when she wants to sit for a bit. Doesn't bother me or my budget one bit. Plus the table comes with a bottle or something that leaves me stumbling to an Uber at the end of the night. 😃

Sorry OP I have no input on your choices of 8" high end midbass , but I'd be looking at the Utopia's

#11 ·
Are you planning on putting them in your doors? Model the drives in WinISD. Pick up a pair of TM8's like Jroo said as well. Only $400 and will be a worthy contender. I'm doing the same thing but plan to do a lot of testing before I decide what I'm going to run. Have some Legatia LS8SE, TM8 (on the way in March), Brax, AF GB60 and the SI TM65 MKIV. Going to take me forever to test since I will have custom DSP tunes for each set of drivers or systems of drivers.

Reactions: 619Tundra
#12 ·
Yeah, they will be going in doors. Need something that will put out a surprising amount of thump. Id like focusing on the midbass (50hz-100hz) more then the lower sub hz(<50) for my system. Its what I prefer after having multiple setups, thats why focusing on what would give the best response regardless of price. Jus dont wanna go over 8-9' or use a subwoofer in doors.

I do already have the skannings as mentioned, but seeings if theres anymore suggestions comparable to those.

#20 ·
What's your budget?
How high do the need to play?
How low do they need to play?
How loud do they need to play?
How will they be installed?

IDK how anyone could possibly respond to this thread without at least having those answered for guidance :rolleyes:

What's the best body style for a car?
What's the best cell phone?
What's the best washing machine?
What's the best looking woman?

#26 ·
I have this car and deadened sh*t out of doors. And I had the different possible speakers too! Yet still something is rattling/ the tactile feedback to the leg annoys me/ dips - 125hz on left side, etc. And it's only 6.5inch speaker.
The sound is ok, but no comparison to my tests with putting the same speakers in the kicks.

No magic speaker will solve this.

#33 ·
I would add to the list Purifi 8"

do you know MRSP of ZR Lab 8 drivers?
Brax 8 - midbass and also consider Brax 8" SW which will give a bit more low end (Ask AudioGal for those since she run both models)
How and where are you planning to install those drivers?

Reactions: bbfoto
#34 ·
I would add to the list Purifi 8"

do you know MRSP of ZR Lab 8 drivers?
Brax 8 - midbass and also consider Brax 8" SW which will give a bit more low end (Ask AudioGal for those since she run both models)
How and where are you planning to install those drivers?
Msrp on the zr labs is around 4500 Euros shipped, they are more of a subwoofer but are 9inch and can be used as a midbass.. 🤔

Consdering in doors.. will fabricate and whatever needs to be done to get it fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.