DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I plan in installing an alarm system in my 06 town car. I was originally going to go with the Viper 5706V*but I really want to have push button start along with alarm and remote start. From what I know, viper does not make push button start. I notice there are many alarm systems on ebay that claim to do everything but I am a bit skeptical because of the low price. If anyone here has done something similar please let me know. Any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up the flashlogic module and did some reading. This is all new to me so please bear with me. Just to confirm I can use this viper alarm:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GT2GA6Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KTLUJEJBW8GS

(Does this have a RFID built into the fob to prevent someone from just breaking window and hauling ass with my car?)

And use a basic push button start kit like this:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car...ter-Kit-Blue-LED-12V-/251822369221?nav=SEARCH

All going to the flash logic module preventing the hassle of installing multiple replays for lights, door locks,PATS bypass etc?
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iJcOmr9epar/p_220FLCAN/FlashLogic-FLCAN-Module.html

Again, Thanks for your time

·
Registered
9 Posts
so first off yes the FLCAN or ALCA(the latest model FLCAN) will work with the 5706 from viper. Now you will need a way to flash the module so it can read the immobilizer info and for a ford you will either need both of the keys for the programming or do the key to go/ clone option. Now second with the 5706 or any alarm system viper offers has a starter interrupt thus you will cut the starter wire in half and then take the two starter wires that come on the viper harness and connect the key side to the key side wire and the other to the starter side, this will prevent the car from being started while the system is armed because the relay inside the viper brain breaks the starter connection. lastly with the push to start module, that is a combo I have never undertaken before because most of the ones i have looked at lock out if the key fob they provide you is not present so you cant remote start a car with an aftermarket push button unless you keep a key fob in there but then anyone that bypasses the alarm can start it. just my two cents

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah I just looked at the push button kit you linked and its hard to tell if it breaks the starter wire in half like the viper kit does or just sends a 12v pulse to the starter wire like turning the key would, if it just does the pulse then you should be alright but if it creates another break like viper kit then they will not work in tandem.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I usually don't install starter kill on PTS CARS it likes to throw codes ime.

I would just use the flcan and the viper. And not use the starter disable. The proximity key has plenty of security built in from theft stand point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I havent had an issue with them throwing codes on any PTS cars I have done but the system he is looking at that does the pts is just a button no key fob so there is no backup so the starter interrupt on his factory metal key system is his only actual security feature other than his factory passive system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I bought my car, it came with one key but I recently bought a new oem key I still have to cut and program.

My heart is not set on that push button I posted I just posted it to get an idea. So what push button kit would you guys recommend that would work best with the viper and FLCAN?

So it's optional to hook up the viper stater kill wire. If I don't hook it up what would prevent someone from stealing the car other than the horn going off? How would my original key be back up if the FLCAN bypasses the factory PATS/engine immobilizer and I have push button start?

Thanks for walking me through this guy's :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
well the issue is with most of the other kits push button kits they also do lock and unlock so then having the viper system would A) be redundant and B) having two data modules talking to the car at the same time is never good. And the FLCAN does not bypass your immobilizer it integrates with it so youll hook into TX and RX in the immobilizer plug and the FLCAN with duplicate the key sends when the car looks for the keys signal usually through resistance, so that antitheft system is still active even with the viper installed. Now Ive never not hooked up the starter interrupt in a car because if I install a security system then thats what I want, a full security system unless it is an all data car that you never end up hooking an actual start wire up, like some cars with factory push to start are.

·
2,103 Posts
Let's also take into consideration of the PTS add on systems. The physical key is there not only for security, but it's also the steering wheel lock...so there is that.

Now...what i did, which is different because i don't have any factory immobilizer systems, is a PTS module that is ONLY the PTS interface, so no locks, no RFID key, no nada, just a button and some circuit boards. This interface has a trigger wire that allows it to be controlled by an aftermarket alarm. Disarm the alarm, PTS ignition system is enabled, arm the alarm, PTS system is turned off. I still have a key blank in the key cylinder with a plastic handle so to speak so that I can remove it and lock the column, but that's pretty rare on flat land. Also, there have been some wiring issues I have needed to get around, but all in all...it's working fairly well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive been looking for a system like that for my 98 240sx but I didnt know they had ones that would interface with other alarm systems, do you have a link by any chance?, also does the key you have cycle through ACC and IGN or are you turning those on separately?

·
2,103 Posts
Ive been looking for a system like that for my 98 240sx but I didnt know they had ones that would interface with other alarm systems, do you have a link by any chance?, also does the key you have cycle through ACC and IGN or are you turning those on separately?
The system that I used I'm not sure is still available. I haven't heard back from the company in quite some time, and i bought the thing years ago. My key cylinder serves no purpose other than column lock, the PTS system is ACC, IGN, and Start. It uses the brake wire to identify what function you are trying to do.

Welcome to Advanced Keys is who I would look at now. My old shop is a dealer for them, but haven't had a chance to do much with them. The AK-PSB06 should be stand alone enough to be trigger by an external source.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The system that I used I'm not sure is still available. I haven't heard back from the company in quite some time, and i bought the thing years ago. My key cylinder serves no purpose other than column lock, the PTS system is ACC, IGN, and Start. It uses the brake wire to identify what function you are trying to do.

Welcome to Advanced Keys is who I would look at now. My old shop is a dealer for them, but haven't had a chance to do much with them. The AK-PSB06 should be stand alone enough to be trigger by an external source.
Now i know you said it worked with an alarm system with the disarm and arm as input triggers would a system like this work with a remote start and security system like a 5706V from viper

·
2,103 Posts
Now i know you said it worked with an alarm system with the disarm and arm as input triggers would a system like this work with a remote start and security system like a 5706V from viper
Ground when armed.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Actually I just pulled up the diagram from the install guide and it looks like the JP3 jumper has the selectable value of remote start disable or enable which I would image would be what I am looking for

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see.....well even though it's a safety issue I really don't have a desire to keep the steering wheel lock. I want to eliminate the key ignition completely for a cleaner look...if possible.
I was thinking, what i used one of these to bypass the oem PATS and just relied on the vipers starter cut off wire:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009SUEZE/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A36NY6MO5E7I8U

And for push button start, basically do something similar to what this guy did

http://www.civicjunkie.com/main/2014/09/02/how-to-install-a-start-button

That way I can still have the ability to only turn on my radio, ignition along with start the car

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I see.....well even though it's a safety issue I really don't have a desire to keep the steering wheel lock. I want to eliminate the key ignition completely for a cleaner look...if possible.
I was thinking, what i used one of these to bypass the oem PATS and just relied on the vipers starter cut off wire:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009SUEZE/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A36NY6MO5E7I8U

And for push button start, basically do something similar to what this guy did

How to Install a Start Button | Civic Junkie

That way I can still have the ability to only turn on my radio, ignition along with start the car
.. you could simply install a starter button inline to the circuit for for the starter and have the option of using the button to start the car when the ignition is turned on AND the alarm/starter disable is disengaged..

The problem with remote start is you have to turn the key to ignition on before doing anything or else the engine will die as soon as you touch the brake pedal, then you have to disarm the system before the vehicle can be restarted, this is the way it was with my Python with remote start..

This would be my preferred method of eliminating the 'unsightly' ignition lock cylinder and still have 100% ant theft capabilities,,, insert plug and push the button..
Ravelco Anti-Theft Product & Installation Information

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
.. you could simply install a starter button inline to the circuit for for the starter and have the option of using the button to start the car when the ignition is turned on AND the alarm/starter disable is disengaged..

The problem with remote start is you have to turn the key to ignition on before doing anything or else the engine will die as soon as you touch the brake pedal, then you have to disarm the system before the vehicle can be restarted, this is the way it was with my Python with remote start..

This would be my preferred method of eliminating the 'unsightly' ignition lock cylinder and still have 100% ant theft capabilities,,, insert plug and push the button..
Ravelco Anti-Theft Product & Installation Information

Most PTS firmware for data modules dosent allow takeover . Meaning when you open the car door the car shuts off. Nissan allows it and Kia as well I don't remember if ford does or not. But FLCAN would tell you in there options list

1 - 20 of 24 Posts