DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a recommendation for the best amp to run 2 American Bass XFL 12". I've been looking at the following:

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

Or

American Bass XFL DC-2000

Or are there better options?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I am running a crescendo bc4k on 3 xfl 10s. I say go a little bigger than a 2k if you can. Also I would stay away from the smaller rp series skar amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I am running a crescendo bc4k on 3 xfl 10s. I say go a little bigger than a 2k if you can. Also I would stay away from the smaller rp series skar amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why stay away from the skar amps?

OP what about an audiopipe 2000.1D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That does look nice and a decent price. Even has a clipping light indacater. It warms to have a upgraded electrical system. I was planning on doing the big 3. I was trying to stay away from ho alternator but I think it's something I'm going to have to do regardless if I'm gonna run 2000+ watts.

I guess I need to do some research on how alternators. With that said is it recommended to upgrade the battery as well when doing that? That's something I'm totally new to.

The most I've done really is as a teenager. Toss an amp and subs in my car and go and think your so cool hahaha. Now that I'm older I'm trying to do it right.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That does look nice and a decent price. Even has a clipping light indacater. It warms to have a upgraded electrical system. I was planning on doing the big 3. I was trying to stay away from ho alternator but I think it's something I'm going to have to do regardless if I'm gonna run 2000+ watts.

I guess I need to do some research on how alternators. With that said is it recommended to upgrade the battery as well when doing that? That's something I'm totally new to.

The most I've done really is as a teenager. Toss an amp and subs in my car and go and think your so cool hahaha. Now that I'm older I'm trying to do it right.
That is why I initially suggested the MMats as you may be able to get away with the stock alternator and added battery due to its superior efficiency. Another great efficient design would be a Rockford Fosgate Power t1500 bdcp. I have one that does over 1900 watts and runs fine on my stock 100 amp alternator and AGM battery.

The SoundQubed will do rated and then some but it will also tax your electrical more than more expensive designs. You could also look at more efficient Subwoofers in a ported box with more cone area. The ported box will require less power to get loud and more cone area will net more SPL with increased efficiency. A 15” in a 3.5” ported box tuned low would be awesome. Use a flared round port and you could gain even more efficiency.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is why I initially suggested the MMats as you may be able to get away with the stock alternator and added battery due to its superior efficiency. Another great efficient design would be a Rockford Fosgate Power t1500 bdcp. I have one that does over 1900 watts and runs fine on my stock 100 amp alternator and AGM battery.

The SoundQubed will do rated and then some but it will also tax your electrical more than more expensive designs. You could also look at more efficient Subwoofers in a ported box with more cone area. The ported box will require less power to get loud and more cone area will net more SPL with increased efficiency. A 15” in a 3.5” ported box tuned low would be awesome. Use a flared round port and you could gain even more efficiency.
Where can we see the mmats on a dyno? I'm curious of how much (less) this "expensive design" draws.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Where can we see the mmats on a dyno? I'm curious of how much (less) this "expensive design" draws.
Sure
but unfortunately no efficiency numbers to report but notice he is using 4 gauge wire in this test to get those numbers. You’ll have to take the word of members who are actually using one. I know DavidRam just got a 2000 watt monoblock and the 4-channel too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sure
but unfortunately no efficiency numbers to report but notice he is using 4 gauge wire in this test to get those numbers. You’ll have to take the word of members who are actually using one. I know DavidRam just got a 2000 watt monoblock and the 4-channel too.
Efficiency was the whole point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts