DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the top 5 car audio Companies $ per watt but the same companies have very good subs & door speakers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been in Car Audio for 25+yrs & I am tryn to design a full system for my 07' Tahoe but I am tryn to stay on a budget but I don't want no cheap crap!! I've had dang there every Company out there but there are so many new ones out!! I'm from the old school days!! Old 150HD, 2150SX, PPI A600, ECT ECT

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
AudioFrog
Morel
Focal
SB Acoustics and Scanspeak @ Madisound
Dayton Audio @ Part Express
Pioneer
JBL/Infinty/Harmon
SoundQubed
Sound Solutions Audio
FU Audio
Walfram Audio
Rockford Fosgate
Kicker
DLS
JL Audio

More than you asked for and should keep you busy for a while.

Reactions: Eodbrad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very familiar with most of these Companies there are a few I am not! I am also a BIG fan of my whole system matching from just one Company!! Just something I like but there are few Companies that have AWESOME amps, subs, speakers & wiring that are budget friendly but yet BANGS! All NVX Audio was my last setup & it Slammed loud & clear & was very budget friendly too!! They are definitely high on my list but was just to see what else is out that I might be over lookn? Thanks y'all... still need some more ideas!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Some of the amplifiers from Rockville Audio are good bang for the buck. https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/

check out Ryan’s Budget Gem or Bust YouTube videos.

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
574 Posts
Kenwood, Jensen or pioneer are the only 3 companies that you can get an entire system from Without mixing equipment,the kenwood excelon reference speakers sounds amazing but can’t handle a lot of power. I would recommend the entire excelon line since I have experience with them and they’re very neutral sounding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm definitely looking into Soundqubed!! I'm thinkn like 1-Q1-4500, 1-Q-4-150, 2-18HDX3 & FRONT DOORS 2-QP-MR6.5, 2-QP-TH-25 SUPER TWEETERS & JUST FOR REAR DOOR FILL 2-QSX-652 ON A DS18 CANDY-MICRO2 320W strapped down ini my glove box or under my dash somewhere?!?!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a do some homework on Kenwood I only have used their decks back in the day but I've had alot of friends that had their amps & subs!! Fyi

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Have you looked at ds18 or dB drive?
The ds18 exlsq line is great
The dB drive euphoria line is great as well.
just add head unit and done.
both of these lines have dsp/eq options and many variations for speaker combos and their amps are well built (depending on the version of their amps, some are more budget than others but you have that in every brand)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've read & seen some of their products but never heard it in person! But yeah I'm a do some research on both, what is DS18 middle/high in line but good, I don't want their high high end! I'm just doin street bass from now on SICK of competition!! Haha but yeah thanks I'll definitely look into real quick!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DS18 EXL-SQ Line looks badass from what I've found out so far I just wish they made 18's!! Haha!! I already designed a whole setup...

·
Registered
447 Posts
when I did my system years ago I brought end of range gear or new old stock like Boston spg555 suns going for 1/3 original price , PPI components that retailed for $350 down to $89. Sound Stream Stealth Series amps at 1/3rd off. Etc
So basically a system could be had for less than $1k that retailed closer to $3k at it’s full retail price.

Watt wise running 100x4 and 1 x600 and two sets of identical components front and rear. All the original amps and speakers still running 7 years later

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Do u think 4 decent 15's could out do 2-badass 18's?
4 15's has quite a bit more surface area than a pair of 18's, so depending on excursion, the 15's should have a strong advantage. That doesn't sound like a stereo I'd want to listen to either way, but realistically the 15's win.

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
If I wanted to "single source" a system, it would have be Alpine. Two reasons. First, if you need a head unit, in my mind that limits you to Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony and Alpine. Second, I would want to have a DSP. Kenwood has a DSP amp but the processing is limited and they do not have a stand alone DSP. Pioneer has the P99, but then you don't have the modern features most of us are accustomed to. Their stand alone DSP is far too limited. Son's DSP amp is also far too limited in my opinion. That leaves Alpine with the aging PXA-H800 and newer PXE-0850S.

While not the cheapest build, if I was trying to build and all Alpine system, it would probably look something like this...
ILX-W650
PXE-0850S
X-S65C + 30MC
X-W12D4 (x2)
X-A70F (x2)
X-A90M (x2)

Not the cheapest, but with an efficient enclosure for the subwoofers, you might be able to save by dropping down to the R or even S line of amplifiers. (It really is too bad that they discontinued the PDX amps other than the V9.) You also have enough channels and processing to add rear fill if desired. Sticking with only a two way component set and no rear fill would also remove one of the four channel amplifiers to save some cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts