DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm using ol' school Rockford Fosgate as a stable in my system. I'll be using a JBL MS-8 processor to handle t/a and sound staging. My front end at the moment, Rockford audiophiles rfa-54 for midrange and spt-14rx tweeters, 2 x 10" spp-108 for subwoofers and oem speakers for back fill. Using a linked DSM amp setup a 100 and 200ix. Please help with a centre setup? I know everyones ears are different but I'm after SQ and subs are going to be setup like kick drums. Please look at these dash pics for what I'll be working with. Can I put the centre in the leftside parcel shelf or does it need to be exactly in the middle?

this pic is close to the edge of the parcel shelf to give you an idea of distance from centre dash.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As close to center as possible. The name says it all.;)
I definitely deserved that :)

How about options like mounting a 4" in the parcel and placing a tweeter closer to the middle. Will the jbl ms8 band aid my compromise? What type of drivers would work the best?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I had a full range firing into the windscreen. It actually worked very well.

IDK if that would work...I seriously doubt it, since the ms-8 has only one single output for c-channel processing

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any more ideas? JBL MS-8 users

1 - 5 of 5 Posts