DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the time of year to get a good deal on a set of something.

I prefer around $150 but will entertain others.

I had ordered a set of something else but found out it's not really what I thought.

So now I need to look around some more. And now is the best time of year for good deals

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can normally get a pair of JL c2 components for about 198 if you look hard enough and those are a killer set of components. As well the JL TR series are a great set of components for the money, normally you can get those for the 150 dollar range.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about cdt ? any good these days?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Morel Maximos have received very good feedback from people who have heard more than one equally priced set.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
I'm really enjoying my Massive Audio RK6s that I got on Sonicelectronix for $160 with the "make an offer" feature.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can normally get a pair of JL c2 components for about 198 if you look hard enough and those are a killer set of components. As well the JL TR series are a great set of components for the money, normally you can get those for the 150 dollar range.

I can get the c2 for less than that I think off sonic..

more suggestions?

I am taking my time and also considering buying raw drivers instead.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I have a set of CDT audio HD63 Braxials for cheap and they are brand new. They have the 560i xover that you can add an image tweeter too.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went with a set of Massive Audio CK6 components and they sound great. I've actually gotten compliments on them and people asking what they were. I think they can be had for pretty close to your price point.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with a set of Massive Audio CK6 components and they sound great. I've actually gotten compliments on them and people asking what they were. I think they can be had for pretty close to your price point.

the massive sets are on my list..

along with the PPI neo sets...and the ID..

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump

so far I can get the ID CTX set cheapest. I will have a credit from them soon so I will try to buy from them. they seem to have most of the brands

·
Registered
126 Posts
Let us know what you think of them when you get them installed. I want to eventually replace the coax speakers in the doors of my car, and I was really leaning to another set of the Massive CK6, but my problem is power. Not sure how much the ID's require but I've only got 55 watts so I'm kinda limited.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Take a look at the Massive RK6 component set.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
those are the 2 I am looking at...the ctx65 or the RK6

I can get the ID cheap and I have a store credit for sonic

1 - 20 of 26 Posts