Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best set of components i can run with my mcintosh Mc425
this will be my front stage

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
Because there is no answer to your question. There is no "best." Plus you didn't give much info about your system goals. What do you want to accomplish, how much do you want to spend? There are ton's of great speakers out there, you'll just have to sift through to find the ones that meet your needs. Spend some time searching this forum and I promise a lot of your questions will get answered.
Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx dog
my system goals are just to achieve the best sound quality i can get for at least at the minimum price $300 and max maybe $450 i also have a jl audio w7 12 inch single voice coil 3ohm

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
What kind of head unit do you have? Do you plan on going active, or do you want to stick with a passive component set? If passive, search this site for Boston Acoustics, Hertz, Focal, Premier 720prs. These are some of the more popular options. If you spend enough time reading threads about these, you will find plenty of other options. You may even decide you want to go active, which opens up a million more options.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
It might help get responses if you posted amp specs too. The MC425 is 2x50 watts @ 4 ohms with a "little" head room. No need to spend mega bucks for components. There are plenty of DIY and pre-packaged drivers that will work just fine with 50 watts per channel and under your allowed budget.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANX gijoe and macs
and yes i plan on going active
i plan on keeping the factory navagation head unit for right now until some time down the line.but i was wondering could i still get as good sound quality out of my factory head unit as a aftermarket for right now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts