DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing some views from users of different head units that do iPod video. Right now, I have the Alpine IVA-W505. Fantastic unit but the iPod video urks me. More and more Blue Ray discs now come with Digital Copies of the movies. I can put these on my iPod and the video looks great on the W505. Control is the problem. My 4 year old loves watching iPod movies in the car. However, with the W505, whenever I turn the car off and back on the iPod goes back to music. No big deal, restart the movie. But then, the W505 does not allow you to skip from scene to scene. You can only fast forward. This takes forever if you are an hour in to the movie. What I am looking for is a head unit that allows me to:

1) watch iPod video, turn the car off and maybe keep the same thing playing when I turn it back on.
2) allow me to skip from scene to scene.

Only downloaded movies from iTunes or Digital Copy movies allow different scenes. Movies converted from my own DVDs do not and that's fine.

Anyone own a unit that does what I need? Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood or any others?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Kenwood DDX8019. I tried playing iPod video through it, but the quality sucks compared to playing DiVx movies from a DVDR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Alpine W505 and yes, for the most part, it is great. Except for controlling the video from the iPod.

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Really? You had to post this? Did you even read the original post? He HAS this head unit and is trying to find a different one. :confused:

YSHSF:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio/56650-best-head-unit-ipod-video.html#post695299
Love the new edge you've got lately Derek.

The best head unit is all in preference.

I own a Kenwood DNX8120 I think it's pretty good, but the menu is quirky. I've also played with a Pioneer F900BT the ipod interface is pretty good but not quite as good, but the ipod video is pretty good. It's a matter of preference I would say go to a shop and check them out for yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts