DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a 3 way semi-active front stage and I need some help blending my equipment. I have a pioneer 860mp HU, mb quart qsd 213(5.25") using the supplied passive xover for the mids and highs and I'm going to run a midbass active by using the HU and amp xovers. I really want to increase my midbass output and I was thinking of using an 8in woofer but I dont want to do too much cutting and fabwork if I dont have to, so I think the 8" woofers are out. I will be sealing the doors with several layers of raammat and ensolite and covering the major holes. I have a 97' yukon. So I was thinking of either the exodus anarchy or maybe the dayton rs180's for the midbass choices. What do you think? The mids will be powered using a phoenix gold xenon amp with 200 watts rms on tap. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
RS180s are pretty decent and are decent with bass, but probably not worth using in a 3-way unless you can't fit anything beefier. They have decent Xmax but pretty low power handling. I've run them (recently, too) and I constantly had to turn it down because of the wonderful smell of coil epoxy warning me that my speakers are going to blow otherwise. And I don't generally listen THAT loud. Somewhat loud, yes, but I'm rarely one of those people whose music you can hear from down the street. And this was with them high-passed at 75Hz second-order.

Can you fit a Peerless SLS?

I'd say SS Illuminator ($$$$$, very deep) > Peerless SLS (somewhat deep) > Exodus Anarchy (very deep) > RS180 (not too deep; shallow compared to the other 3 here) for this purpose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd go with the peerless if mid bass is really what you want. Everything I've heard about them is great! I will be running 10's in my doors and have an extra pair of 8's if you want to try and make them work. If your interested in them pm me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
+1 For peerless!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies people! Dragon, are you talking about the 6.5" sls? Im not sure if I can fit the 8" yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts