DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to start buying power wire, speaker wire, and all of the related terminals to start installing different parts of my sound system, and I'd like to buy everything online. I'd like good quality wire/accessories, so any brand names you can give would be a tremendous help.

On a side note, I've got 2 amps that accept 4AWG power/ground wire, and I was figuring on using one 2AWG wire with a distribution block going to two 4AWG wire. However, it appears at first glance that 2AWG isn't very popular and the 0AWG is. What's your recommendation or suggestion?

Thanks for all of the help!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You could always buy locally from a brick and mortar shop, reputable/quality ones may even turn out to become friends. Also check out the classifieds here, many members sell slightly used or new install items. I know I have a few that I need to unload, if you are interested PM me with what you are looking for

www.darvex.com
Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components
Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

·
2,103 Posts
You could always buy locally from a brick and mortar shop, reputable/quality ones may even turn out to become friends. Also check out the classifieds here, many members sell slightly used or new install items.
This!!!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in a car audio black hole over here. The shops either only sell JL Audio or RF. None of the shops around here have real OFC or any decent distribution blocks or fuse blocks, etc. There are 5 shops in the area that are listed on the Arc Audio website - 3 are out of business and the other two don't stock any of their stuff. I'm telling you, I would absolutely love to keep my money local in my community, but people around here only want boom, so they're buying the cheapest stuff they can get to make their cars rattle. And the small quantity of people who do actually know what SQ are, they're either 100 miles away or don't stock anything either. It's really rather frustrating...

·
Registered
161 Posts
www.knukonceptz.com will do you just fine. Their prices are great and their products are top notch. I just installed some of their Krystal RCAs and they solved a noise issue I couldn't get around.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I like Darvex because they carry a good range of products..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You could always buy locally from a brick and mortar shop, reputable/quality ones may even turn out to become friends. Also check out the classifieds here, many members sell slightly used or new install items. I know I have a few that I need to unload, if you are interested PM me with what you are looking for

www.darvex.comParts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components
Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
Darvex!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Darvex is the man

Knu wire... Just have to watch out for the caa **** wire. Plus I heard there blocks are poor also.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Darvex is the man

Knu wire... Just have to watch out for the caa **** wire. Plus I heard there blocks are poor also.
Every time when KnuKonceptz's name is up, sure will have such replies....
But then do Darvex don't sell CCA **** wire? Other brands also don't such junk? Nope, KnuKonceptz is not the first company that selling this **** nor the last... But I'm sure it is the first company that oversized their cable's size and still undersize the price of their products....
Also, whoever that says their distribution block are poor, do you ever ask them how they use it? If you could spend some time to ask this, you will know it is actually their own fault on not following procedure....

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of the input guys, it's been a great deal of help. I'll be shopping for everything this weekend, so I should hopefully have everything together by next weekend.

Another question - is there any advantage to using one 0AWG power wire going back and splitting in to two 4AWG wires vs. just running an additional 4AWG wire to the trunk? I've already got one 4AWG wire running back there, just wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it one way versus another.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
CCA isn't that bad. It's not as good as copper (the oxygen-free part of OFC doesn't really matter) but it's not that much worse. That said, Weldingsupply's wire is copper and cheaper than Knu.

·
Banned
60 Posts
CCA isn't that bad. It's not as good as copper (the oxygen-free part of OFC doesn't really matter) but it's not that much worse. That said, Weldingsupply's wire is copper and cheaper than Knu.

I agree, im running knu's cca 4awg in a civic with and no issues. unless you are running a huge system then ofc is not nessicary imo.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts