DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

My equipment:

- Car/Audio Pioneer DEH-80PRS configured in 3-Way.
- Front Speakers Pioneer TS-C172PRS.
- Rear Speakers Pioneer TS-132PRS.
- Subwoofer Pioneer TS-WX305T.
- Middle Speaker amplified both Front and Rear by Pioneer PRS-D410.
- Twitters amplified both Front and Rear by Pioneer GM-5500T.
- Subwoofer amplified by Pioneer PRS-D210.

I actually set the croosovers in this manner:
- Low LPF: 80 Hz. / 24 db Slope
- Mid HPF: 160 Hz. / 24 db Slope
- Mid LPF: 4K. / 24 db Slope
- High LPF: 8K. / 24 db Slope

I get this for 2 months hearing music from DSD Quality and 192 KHz. and adjusting this. For me, i think that is the better sound i can get with this configuration.

Any suggestions for better configuration?

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Two questions: Why is the HPF on the woofers so high, and why is the HPF for the tweeters 4k higher than the LPF of the woofers, when in both situations you are running with a 24db slope? The sub to woofer blend might be okay, but something isn't right about woofer to tweeter to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer is simple. Because i got the best sound. Why?

Low LPF with more low Hz. lost bass and not clear and impressive bass.
Mid HPF with with less Hz. increase bass, distorsion, noise (bad noise) because mixing and clipping low frecuencies in both speakers: middle and subwoofer.

Same for high. I want a clear and smooth and brilliant sound. Less High LPF sounds like a tin/can, excesive metallic sound that hurt/harm my ears, especially at high volumes. More Mid LPF lost middle frecuencies with a very high treble pitched (metallic) sound. I want to equilibrate Middle, Treble and Bass.

Unless that i want to highlight and improve Treble and Bass to make them impressive, i want to improve middles (or at least not lost) as well in a equilibrate configuration. I dont like very only bass, or very only treble hightlight. I want to equilibrate all to have the best sound.

Also its important that my car is a little car, and 1992 years old Nissan Sunny. I think that in more big cars, with more amplitudes and speaker separations, crossovers are diferent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was trying to help but it sounds like you already know better. If that's the case then why did you post a thread asking for opinions?
I'm not an expert in sound configuration. I'm new to this, reading and studing all about crossing, equalizing, etc for about three months only. And i'm not sure if i'm doing the right things or configs. I think that someone with more experience than me, tells any trick or modification to obtain more better sound. Or someone to tell me that all that i do is OK and stay safe and calm that i cant do more things or obtain more better sound.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.