DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently using a Alpine 9887, 3x 2 channel amps one for each tweet, mid, midbass up front 1 amp for Sub

Imprint
Audison Bit One
H701 Alpine with Controller

any other ideas? I believe the ones below will only do 2 way up front.

Rockford 3sixty .2
Audio Control DQXS

·
Registered
962 Posts
I used both, and the sound dynamics of the BitOne, problems and all, destroyed the Alpine. Seriously.

Once the kinks are worked out, no one will regret their decision. In fact, I'm not even with a faulty unit soon to be replaced :surprised::)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The Audiocontrol 4XS will do 3-way front plus sub.
The PPI FRX-456 will do 3-way front, 2-way rear, and sub.

Not sure if either of these are what you have in mind though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not sure what the dsp-6 does, but it's a great choice.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I'm not sure what the dsp-6 does, but it's a great choice.
6 active channels of processing. ;):) Macrom makes an almost identical unit to the Zapco.

4-way active requires at least 7 active channels of processing (8 if you need to process a center channel or stereo subwoofers, I guess).

Add the DEX/DEQ P9 to the list.

Going forward, you have the JBL MS-8 (so they say) and Zapco's 8 channel processor (don't know the process of development on that one.)

There are advantages and drawbacks to each unit out there, so there's really no best.

·
Registered
218 Posts
how about an all-in-one HX-D2 / DRZ9255?

you get a good processor capable of 4way- though not as flexible as others and you also get a ver good CD transport...

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
18,687 Posts
wrote this for another thread yesterday.

You could always use the dsp6 and just use the amp for LPF. You'd have no EQ for it but you might not need it depending on the amp. Don’t forget that your headunit would allow you to to individually control the sub, too, assuming it has a LPF function for crossing the sub.

Bit One... I'll probably be selling mine when it comes back to me because I've already replaced my system with zapco dc ref amps.

h701 would work for sure. You can control it directly from the alpine headunit which is a nice plus. Out of all of those, on a budget, the h701 would be the most obvious choice. The bit one sounds better, for sure, but given a smaller budget and your needs, and the fact that you already would have an alpine headunit, the h701 makes the most sense.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about an all-in-one HX-D2 / DRZ9255?

you get a good processor capable of 4way- though not as flexible as others and you also get a ver good CD transport...
Send me yours and I'll try it out and then buy it for you. :p

I've heard good things from this unit.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
the DQXS is a nice unit--NO TIME ALIGNMENT though

never tried the bitone, waiting for the kinks to get worked out (and I still dont
understand folks saying its of such high quality when the caps and opamps are so cheap)

the h701 is dates also, and sometimes is finicky, yet cost vs performance its hard to beat, still dont understand why alpine killed it??

best case imo opinion would be the zapco, the inteface, felixbility is the best ive used, its just sooooo costly, and you need two of them...

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Look for last year's Kenwood Ref amplifiers w/ built-in DSP and have infinite channel possibilties along with time alignment,eq, and xover built into a package slightly larger than an Alpine PDX. This amp eliminates every aforementioned piece based on:

a) Price: Zapco
b) Noise floor: 701 and Bitone
c) Features: AC piece
d) Reliability: Bitone and RF 360

·
Registered
34 Posts
not the bit-one.

one prob after the other.

·
Registered
47 Posts
DQXS is what I use for a 3-way active front stage (L1 Pros, L3s, and Illusion Audio ND-8s) and for subs (two Dynaudio Mw190s) driven by two Alpine PDX-5s. The DDC is a must have, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After playing with the 701 and bit one I must say bit one takes the cake... What problems have you found with the bit one - sorry newbee over here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts