DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who makes the best remote start for manual transmission cars. I already have a viper 5906v which I know is safe for manuals, I just don’t know if there’s a better system out there because I don’t really care for how the viper works. You basically have to remote start it every time before you shut the car off then arm the alarm with it running to turn off the car. It’s a safe design, I just don’t like doing it every time. So is there something better out there for manual transmissions or should I just stick with what I have?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think you will find they all may be the same and that you have to go through a procedure due to there not being a inhibitor switch fitted to a manual trans

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the viper 5706v safe with manuals also? I got the 5906v because I thought I would like the remote more, but it’s way too big. The 5706 looks basically the same, just with different smaller remotes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
All others are spot on.... When it comes to modern day security and remote start all companies that have teamed up with ADS and Fortin are offering "leading edge". Viper/DEI being known as top dog is part of a dying cult. They still make a good batch of Kool Aid....like Bose and Monster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts