DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Roof mount/shark tail antenna.

Most shark tails seem to be for Gps or just plain fake. I have found a couple but the companies seem suspicious. I would need the whole kit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
yes, CARS (no ') have radios, but that doesn't mean this doesn't belong in the installation subforum, dipstick

there is a reason i'm the only one replying to this thread

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sir, are an *******, this is general discussion how is this different then "Questions about USB storage devices", or "battery isolator-soleinoid" or "Show me your pickup cab cuts or blow throughs"

There not, they are ALL car related questions, so if you don't have any good input, do not input AT ALL. Go do something, nobody wants you useless input, once you are done talking **** give me a call, hell catch a flight to the Chicago there we will end this like men. If you want to really want to hurt my feelings have the guts to say it in person. You ****ing arrogant prick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also fail to see how this could possibly belong anywhere else than RIGHT HERE.

I'm sorry, I have no experience with these antennas as of yet, though I am curious as to whats out there. Good luck on your search

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm with mjgonegom, this topic belongs here and shadowfactory is being a dick.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
once you are done talking **** give me a call, hell catch a flight to the Chicago there we will end this like men. If you want to really want to hurt my feelings have the guts to say it in person. You ****ing arrogant prick.

You need to stop this ****, it's childish and someone WILL knock your ass out. You're young and cocky, and there's some pretty tough MEN here that regardless of your size will rip your head off with little to no effort. You are only hurting yourself and it's borderline bannage material.

I agree that the topic should be here

I'm under speculation that those ugly-ass antennas serve multiple purposes and keeps the car from looking ham-tastic. Which is even uglier-ass :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You can look at some factory VW ones. They are not cheap IIRC, ~ $200.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks jowens..... But OEM dealers are giving me the run around they want a VIN number & for some reason they can't even look it up, WTF??

Chad sorry I don't like being f'ed with I grew up where assholes who just want to **** with for no reason, were a "dime a dozen"

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If the antenna is for am/fm reception, then yes, it belongs in this forum. If its a fake antenna thats purely for looks then it should be in the off topic forum.

Anyhow, i've always been looking for those as well. But it appears that most aftermarket shark-fin type antennas are purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm under speculation that those ugly-ass antennas serve multiple purposes and keeps the car from looking ham-tastic. Which is even uglier-ass :D
Do you prefer the classic whip style? I think it looks out of place on my Jeep. A sharksfin wouldn't exactly look better, but could be easily hidden up by the roof rails.

I can't think of the last time I listened to the radio though, so I guess I should worry about other things

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going for a short whip style fore the roof, or a REAL sharktale, will be going on an 08 srt-4.

It better then that tall as whip that is on the front fender.

Why they did not embed it in the rear glass, like every other new car THE world will never know.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Going for a short whip style fore the roof, or a REAL sharktale, will be going on an 08 srt-4.

It better then that tall as whip that is on the front fender.

Why they did not embed it in the rear glass, like every other new car THE world will never know.

Glass mount can get some interference from tints, and its a very expensive replacement if ever needed. :eek:

And you are asking about a neon, one of, if not the, cheapest cars Dodge makes. I know, SRT-4 is not the cheap one- still, the point is still there, its based off a cheap car.;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts