DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for sound deadener for my trunk lid because it rattles way too much. Dynamat costs way too much for me but I was thinking about the peel and seal stuff from lowes or the same roof flashing stuff but from menards which has aluminum and steel kinds. Is there other brands of sound deadener I should be looking into or other types of deadeners?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you go with the peel and seal dont expect much. Plus in about 6 months to a year its gonna be runny sticky hell of a mess thats gonna take forever to get off.
It may be cheaper now but in long run its gonna be such apain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
This has been discussed many times on here. In my opinion Damplifier Pro is top shelf.... I really like the application and lack of mess. The black also looks much better than the foil look in case some of it will show.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
For me it's Hushmat, but you wont like the price

·
Registered
220 Posts
AlphaDamp Sound Deadener for top shelf.

FatMat RattleTrap is the cheapest, followed by Stinger Roadkill, then Dynamat, Hushmat

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I like raammat btx2 and ensolite the best. Quality products, but given their price, they're probably value leaders as well.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
What do you guys think about sounddeadenershowdown.com's cld tiles?

Or elemental designs eDead?

For what you WANT.... none of the above.... none of it...

For what you NEED...

Dramatic gap

Side benefit to CLD tiles is it stopping "rattles" but that's NOT it's purpose.. it's purpose is to mass load panels and lower resonant frequency...

You need to isolate whatever from whatever that's rattling TOGETHER, you need isolation.... a little RTV squeezed into the gaps.... done...

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
wanna REALLY do it up..... do what ELSE I did...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm considering getting 1/2 a box of RAAMmat BXT II for the inside of my doors and some PS Ensolite for the outter skins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
raamat

I have raamat. SERVICE, and quality for the pricepoints cannot be beat IMHO. Ricks service at raam audio might be the best I have ever got in retail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts