DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good 10 inch sq sub that will fit in a jl stealthbox that goes in my '96 300z...I've got an Infinity 10 in it right now but had to make a mounting ring to help it fit, and I'm just tired of the sub I guess. Also need one that will handle 400 watts rms. Box only has about 6 inches of depth at the very most I believe. May even be more like 5.75. The infinity sub isn't bad I guess but I've just never fell in love with the sound of it and have not even used it much. Need to sell it I guess if I can find another good one that will fit. Anyway, any suggestions would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I just checked those out....that does look like a very nice option. Need to go back and check to see what the cut out size is etc cause I would like to keep from having to use another mounting ring, but looks great so far. I'm using a McIntosh MC404M which does the 400 rms bridged, and I'm betting in reality it produces more than 400, so it would be just below the 600 rms of the sub, but close enough I would think...Thanks for the suggestion.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as is usually the case I don't think it will fit...the outside diameter looks just a tad bit too big. I have no idea why, but the old jl 10w6 that came in had about a 10.25" outside diameter and now most all 10" subs seem to be around 10.5. The infinity almost wouldn't work and its a tight fit even with the mounting ring. I may hafto look into modifying the box somehow, but last time I looked at doing that it didn't look easy if even possible...Anyway, Im gonna take the box out and make sure that model wouldn't fit cause it looks like a good one if it would..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea this is gonna be a problem...remembered I still have the old worn out 10w6 here and the outside diameter of it is only 10 1/8 inches wide....a lot smaller than most all subs made these days...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No its not a V2, its the old old 10w6...lol I've had the box about 10 yrs probably...lol If this tells you how much I drive the car tho, its only got 22,000 original miles...lol

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
The phoenix gold rsd subs are fantastic as well.
Shameless spam and more fantastic than a RSd: I have a RSdC 10 D4 that I need to part with.

Mounting depth listed is 5.8" but the ugly ass boot can be removed to reduce depth another 0.5" or so. Basket diameter without the gasket is supposed to be 10.28".

Should fit just about right. Don't know how it will work with your amp though.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Shameless spam and more fantastic than a RSd: I have a RSdC 10 D4 that I need to part with.

Mounting depth listed is 5.8" but the ugly ass boot can be removed to reduce depth another 0.5" or so. Basket diameter without the gasket is supposed to be 10.28".

I actually meant the rsdc, lol... missed a letter.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

He's looking for the best :bash:

The Morel all the way....enough said :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts