DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Sinfoni Desiderio, but I have no idea since I'll never be able to afford one. The new Tru Copper series with no preamp should be pretty amazing too.

Close contenders

Adcom 4702
Audison HR100
Audison Thesis Venti
Sinfoni 60.1
Tru C7
Monolithic true class A
Steg Masterstroke Class A
HSS Fidelity HT 230
Soundstream Reference Class A 6.0 (Yeah, I said it. It's the best amp I've ever used on my particular tweeters)
Genesis DMA

And before all the "all amps sound the same" crowd chimes in, the differences between these and your off the shelf JL or Arc is very minimal. You can probably get 98% of the same sound from a good $500 amp. It's that last 2% that separates these amazing amps IMO.

Reactions: TransAMrit

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
MmmmmMmmmm 4702. that's always going to be a dream of mine.

actual experience, hard to beat my Linear Power 2.2hv's for midbass/subs or my modded dps' on highs.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The LP would be very high on my list also. The one thing I think that could be improved is the op-amp. My 2.2s are either a little noisy or they pick up noise easily. When playing music they are divine, but I just wish they were a tiny bit quieter. Otherwise the HVs are amazing amps. I'd love to hear a 2.2 with BB 627s mounted.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Best IMO is my Genesis P15.

Love my audison thesises but the genesis has the edge on them.

Sinfonis also love their sound, 3 dimensional is the best way to describe them

Steg Class A is a wonderful amp, just not as smooth on highs as the P15.

I am supposed to do an amp shootout soon got the following to test

Audison Thesis Venti
Sinfoni 60.1
Sinfoni Prestigio
Tru C7.2AT
Tru C7.4T
Monolithic true class A 502
Steg Masterstroke Class A
Steg Masterstroke MSK3000
ADS PXA
PPI F1 2500
Genesis P15
GENESIS DMA LIMITED EDITION
GENESIS MONOBLOCKS
BLADE SE6100
BLADE 4.4
ZAPCOS
LINEAR POWERS

Hopefully I get do it this or next weekend.

Head will be Mcintosh MX5000 with DAC 5000. Straight amp to deck / dac. All amps will be tested at full range.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No love for the Arc SE amps... :(

I personally enjoyed my Zapco 360.4 very much. Solid, clean amp.

I've heard the entire line-up of SE amps from Arc Audio and they are no slouch...

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I really enjoyed my old xtant 603 and Diamond D7 amps. I have 2 audison lrx5.1k's now but I have never conected them so I cannot comment on sound.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Zapco c2ks are nice, but I dont think you can get a better package than the zapco dc's

I had a brax i really enjoyed as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have to go with Robert Zeff's Arc Audio SE line, this is out of all the amps that I have tried. They just bring something to the table that a lot of other amps lack.Not very many people have tried them, and I only know of one person that owns a 4000SE.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have to go with Robert Zeff's Arc Audio SE line, this is out of all the amps that I have tried. They just bring something to the table that a lot of other amps lack.Not very many people have tried them, and I only know of one person that owns a 4000SE.
I know two people that have them, good amps but not really SQ stuff

·
Registered
263 Posts
Monolithic Class A804 (20w x 4).
Monolithic PA2000M/R2001 (240/200 x 1) same amp different heatsink.
Soundstream D200 dual mono (after a trip to Zed for a cap upgrade)
Zapco Studio Series if kept at 4ohms stereo.
Genesis, Steg, & Sinfoni are all sex, but the Monolithic, Zapco, & Soundstream are dear to my heart.
And to Tristan20, the Monolithic's don't have gain control, but with the monoblocks, put a plug in one of the RCA inputs (y into the other) and you will get a 3db gain. From there, if you move the plug in and out of the input you can adjust the gain. I LMAO the first time I was told this, but I tried it out in my last install. A P2000M on a Nakamichi MHE1012DV 12" sub. Works flawlessly. Good luck with the comparo.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh cool, you are right about that gains missing, but one of my monsters did have a gain control on it.

Some have tiny holes where you can adjust the pots

·
Registered
68 Posts
to me up till now from what i've owned

the best amp to me was the alpine mrv-f400 of the v12 series
some how i cannot seem to let it go
plays clear to me and has alot of posibilities
Was...untill i finally hooked up my phoenix gold zx450
another one i had liked alot was the pg m44 and m100
not to forget my pg ms2125 and ms275
another one i liked was the audio system f4-600

my favorite is now the zx450......just plays sweet/clear/warm n packs a mean punch

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have never run into one with any adjustment. If you have one hang onto it because Greg doesn't put gain control on them for a reason. If a couple do have it, they were more than likley special order and VERY rare. There is one here in SLO county that is 4 Class A501's and a modded PA2000M in one chassis. I've been dying to get my hands on it. Sorry to the OP for getting off topic.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts