DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my arc 8 which was pretty good because I needed my trunk space. I still do but I am lacking low end from my ads comps. So I am looking again. Space is crucial and budget is slim. Otherwise I need to find some 6.5 drivers with more balls

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to change that too best all around sub 8inch or 10 on tight budget with 300 watts ppi power

·
Registered
145 Posts
use a RE SR 10" - it needs 300 watts uses a 0,5 cubic foot enclosure for optimal or 0,35 cubic foot for compact - for that amount of power its the sub that needs the smallest enclosure that ive come across - if you can manage 0,625 cubic foot then the JL audio 10w3v3 is also a good option

EDIT just saw that you have budget constraints - those subs are not very cheap - maybe a JBL GT5 might do for you cos its far cheaper but might need a slightly bigger box than the other two ive mentioned

·
4,981 Posts
to me, small box is so relative, i have tried so many subs, but i would sya a good 95 percent of them, doenst sound right unless you put it towrads the middle or large of its recommended sealed.

out of hte exceptions, gotta say my fav is prolly the older IDQv2.

in some installs, i stuck the 10 in a .35ish sealed box, expecting it to be pretty bad, but honestly ,it wanst at all...

wonder if you can still score one online somewhere :)

b

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a .65 box now but its overbuilt and weighs a ton. Like to mount a small box on back of my split seat otherwise I can stick my crystal pro 10 back in car. Its just a tad heavier than the box I used for my arc 8

·
Registered
185 Posts
You could check into a Dayton reference 10" HO sub. They will preform good in that box and they have a 5" mount depth. They are very very reasonably priced as well. On ebay they are going for $129 shipped. You can get a Dayton reference 10" HF for less but they require a bigger enclosure.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
618 Posts
Damn... I checked eBay and they've gone up again.

Whoo hoo! I'm gonna be RICH!

Not. ;)

I'll drop you a pm later when I can take a photo...

·
Registered
42 Posts
to me, small box is so relative, i have tried so many subs, but i would sya a good 95 percent of them, doenst sound right unless you put it towrads the middle or large of its recommended sealed.

out of hte exceptions, gotta say my fav is prolly the older IDQv2.

in some installs, i stuck the 10 in a .35ish sealed box, expecting it to be pretty bad, but honestly ,it wanst at all...

wonder if you can still score one online somewhere :)

b
second on IDQ V2

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
DIYMA 12" for $100 shipped. Moutning depth is reasonable and they can run in a .5 cu ft box. I have been running one in a .7 cu ft Goldwood box ($30 shipped on PE) and it sounded great. I plan to get a .5 cu ft box built for my trunk. Even ported, the DIYMA only requires 1.0 cu ft!

You might also look at those Blaupunkt thin mount subs. Note that while they have a reduced mounting depth, the box requirements are the same as a typical larger sub. However, the reduced mounting depth does allow for a long and thin/narrow enclosure if you are looking to make room. I don't if they are still on sale but 12v electronics had them for $40.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts