DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together an active 3-way setup. I will be using Xcelsus XXM325 midrange. Looking to cross at around 3khz
What's the best tweeter that is "compact" for custom A pillars that is under or around the $200 price point?
Right now I'm looking at either a Steg SQ25, or an Audison Voce AV 1.1, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I tried searching these forums for help, but most posts I found were 10+ years old and half of the recommended tweeters aren't made anymore.
Sorry if this question gets asked often. I probably just suck as searching this site.

· Registered
504 Posts
Scanspeak d2004, sb acoustics sb21rdcn, lpg26na. Scan and lpg's have been used and loved for years by many. The sb21s are a newer smaller version of their bigger sibling sb29's that are very promising. All can handle the 3 way part well.

Scans are slightly above your price point though.

Honestly, if you look around you may could find the xcelsus xxt30's for a decent price to match your mid. They are bigger though

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2,605 Posts
XT25 is also great if you can get it installed in the most optimal location

Reactions: Gill

· Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
873 Posts
I'm also running the SEAS Prestige, but with AF GB MB and MR. Can't beat these tweeters for value.

· Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,794 Posts
I'm also running the SEAS Prestige, but with AF GB MB and MR. Can't beat these tweeters for value.
That’s for sure. I keep a spare in my glove box just in case I blow one.
I like to really crank it up sometimes and get the adrenaline flowing. And I’ve changed songs before and some random electronic songs comes on and Pop goes the tweeter. For only 42$ who cares. I throw it out the window pop in the spare and continue on 😜.

· Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
873 Posts
I run mine xo at 3k and even at full volume they don't break a sweat. I've used them in my previous two Camaros as well. In my 2014 I dremelled off the flange to fit them into the sails lol. Had to scrap the first try, but like you say, at that cost I had ordered 3 sets just to have spares.

· Registered
400 Posts
If they are gonna be on axis and you don't mind waiting 3 or 4 weeks you can still get the Alpine Spx Pro replica tweeter on eBay for less than 50 bucks a pair and they are really nice for the money. I don't think it was ever really decided if these were replicas or old unsold b stock or what but they measure the same as the originals and are extremely high bang for buck.

Edit: just realized the OP was 6 months ago I'm sure you already decided on a set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts